FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Forum banner

<<

sky_lark

Post Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:21 pm

Forum banner

Does phpbb support any kind of custom css banner implementation? It would be nice to have a small banner at the top of the forums alerting users of an upcoming game night. (Not there all the time, just right before game nights.) Reminder threads aren't super visible and will quickly clutter the announcements section if a new thread is created for every game night.

I'm sure some of the artists in this community could throw something together - me included, although I'm not a wonderful artist :) - but it's not worth trying if phpbb doesn't support it.
Follow Bitfighter! FacebookTwitterDiscord
<<

raptor

Post Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: Forum banner

Something like an 'Events' section right below the 'Players Online' piece?
<<

sky_lark

Post Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:54 pm

Sure, that would be wonderful.
<<

amgine

Post Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:51 pm

hooray its been implemented!

maybe we could have a sub banner that says when somone comes online on teh forums and one for the game? (maybe a in game notifier of other players?)
Bitfighter Forever.
<<

sky_lark

Post Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:46 pm

amgine wrote:hooray its been implemented!

maybe we could have a sub banner that says when somone comes online on teh forums and one for the game? (maybe a in game notifier of other players?)

There is a notification area at the bottom of the forum home page that lists who is online the forums.

An in-game notifier to alert players of new arrivals is an interesting idea. There have been opportunities where I've been in the level editor and not known players have logged on. The bitfighter notifier app packaged with the game might be able to serve that purpose (I haven't been able to get it to work on my end, though).
<<

Skybax

Post Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:29 am

The notifier only works for me when not in Bitfighter or if Bitfighter is not fullscreen
raptor wrote:Sorry Skybax, I hijacked your signature so I could post lots of info.
Whittling While wrote:Does this mean I finally get quoted in someone's signature?
watusimoto wrote:Who are the devs around here?!?
<<

watusimoto

Site Admin

Post Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:06 am

Return to MetaForum