FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Blitz Contest Discussion

<<

bobdaduck

Global Moderator

Post Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:42 pm

Blitz Contest Discussion

ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT

Despite the speed of the levels, reviewing them will be anything but, so I'm providing this template for the convenience of all intrepid reviewers! Below are screenshots of each level to jog memories of joy or irritation both, thanks to everyone who has contributed so far!

Contest voting is expected to go up tomorrow, And we'll proceed in rounds from there.

Oh, and the server levelchange password is "blitz"! :D :zapdance:

Code:
[b]059[/b]
[b]Atomic Harmonics[/b]
[b]attahk[/b]
[b]Baby Duck[/b]
[b]Battering Ram[/b]
[b]Battle Course[/b]
[b]Battle Course 2[/b]
[b]Battle Of The Bips[/b]
[b]Better Hurry[/b]
[b]Bipscraper[/b]
[b]Bittle Royale[/b]
[b]bop[/b]
[b]Bzero X[/b]
[b]Cash In[/b]
[b]Cats[/b]
[b]Cleopatara[/b]
[b]Comb[/b]
[b]Condors[/b]
[b]Coreggers[/b]
[b]Cross Hares[/b]
[b]Curl[/b]
[b]Dead Earth[/b]
[b]deFutura[/b]
[b]Diaper Module[/b]
[b]Emperors Revenge Mini[/b]
[b]foosball[/b]
[b]friendshipInterlude[/b]
[b]Frog My Net[/b]
[b]Galivant[/b]
[b]hasenpfeffer[/b]
[b]hhai[/b]
[b]Intermission 2.0[/b]
[b]Invisible Mona Lisa[/b]
[b]Kaleidoscope[/b]
[b]killbox[/b]
[b]Linear Scaffold[/b]
[b]Lit Guy[/b]
[b]Man Wearing Diaper[/b]
[b]Loading[/b]
[b]Map The Map[/b]
[b]Memento[/b]
[b]Mighty Bean[/b]
[b]Mini Soccer[/b]
[b]Minute Dungeon[/b]
[b]Molten Core[/b]
[b]My Colon[/b]
[b]Negative Space[/b]
[b]Obligatory Contest Entry[/b]
[b]One Life Only [/b]
[b]pippinpaddleopsicopolis[/b]
[b]Precision Soccer[/b]
[b]Quick Core[/b]
[b]Rabbit Teeth[/b]
[b]Racermaze[/b]
[b]Red Herring[/b]
[b]Relay Race[/b]
[b]Rhino Slam[/b]
[b]Scarab[/b]
[b]Screwball[/b]
[b]Search And Rescue[/b]
[b]Seedless Fruit[/b]
[b]Short Circuit[/b]
[b]Skip This One[/b]
[b]Skylark Diner and Lounge[/b]
[b]Snake Country[/b]
[b]Snapper Rocks[/b]
[b]Stupid Fast[/b]
[b]Submarine[/b]
[b]Substation 15[/b]
[b]Sunlit Fujisan[/b]
[b]Super Rock Smash Ducks[/b]
[b]Teamwork Works[/b]
[b]The Crossing[/b]
[b]The Dung Beetle[/b]
[b]The Orb Zone[/b]
[b]Think Creatively[/b]
[b]Tight Squeeze[/b]
[b]Trepanation[/b]
[b]Tribes[/b]
[b]Tribes Soccer[/b]
[b]Triforce Retrieve[/b]
[b]Unnamed Level[/b]
[b]Warswaza[/b]
[b]Welcome to Friendship City[/b]
[b]Wild Card[/b]
[b]Will the Real Bob Please Stand Up[/b]
[b]Workers Strike[/b]

059.PNG

Atomic Harmonics
atomicHarmonics.PNG

attahk
attahck.PNG

Baby Duck
babyDuck.PNG

Battering Ram
batteringRam.PNG

Battle Course
battleCourse.PNG

Battle Course 2
battleCourse2.PNG

Battle Of The Bips
battleOfTheBips.PNG

Better Hurry
betterHurry.PNG

Bipscraper
bipscraper.PNG

Bittle Royale
bittleRoyale.PNG

bop
bop.PNG

Bzero X
bzeroX.PNG

Cash In
cashIn.PNG

Cats
cats.PNG

Cleopatara
cleopatara.PNG

Comb
comb.PNG

Condors
condors.PNG

Coreggers
coreggers.PNG

Cross Hares
crossHares.PNG

Curl
curl.PNG

Dead Earth
deadEarth.PNG

deFutura
deFutura.PNG

Diaper Module
diaperModule.PNG

Emperors Revenge Mini
emperorsRevengeMini.PNG

foosball
foosball.PNG

friendshipInterlude
friendshipInterlude.PNG

Frog My Net
frogMyNet.PNG

Galivant
galivant.PNG

hasenpfeffer
hasenpfeffer.PNG

hhai
hhai.PNG

Intermission 2.0
intermission2.PNG

Invisible Mona Lisa
invisibleMonaLisa.PNG

Kaleidoscope
kaleidoscope.PNG

killbox
killbox.PNG

Linear Scaffold
linearScaffold.PNG

Lit Guy
litGuy.PNG

Man Wearing Diaper
manWearingDiaper.PNG

loading.PNG

Map The Map
mapTheMap.PNG

Memento
memento.PNG

Mighty Bean
mightyBean.PNG

Mini Soccer
miniSoccer.PNG

Minute Dungeon
minuteDungeon.PNG

Molten Core
moltenCore.PNG

My Colon
myColon.PNG

Negative Space
negativeSpace.PNG

Obligatory Contest Entry
obligatoryContestEntry.PNG

One Life Only
oneLifeOnly.PNG

pippinpaddleopsicopolis
pippinpaddleopsicopolis.PNG

Precision Soccer
precisionSoccer.PNG

Quick Core
quickCore.PNG

Rabbit Teeth
rabbitTeeth.PNG

Racermaze
racermaze.PNG

Red Herring
redHerring.PNG

Relay Race
relayRace.PNG

Rhino Slam
rhinoSlam.PNG

Scarab
scarab.PNG

Screwball
screwball.PNG

Search And Rescue
searchAndRescue.PNG

Seedless Fruit
seedlessFruit.PNG

Short Circuit
shortCircuit.PNG

Skip This One
skipThisOne.PNG

Skylark Diner and Lounge
skylarkDinerAndLounge.PNG

Snake Country
snakeCountry.PNG

Snapper Rocks
snapperRocks.PNG

Stupid Fast
stupidFast.PNG

Submarine
submarine.PNG

Substation 15
substation15.PNG

Sunlit Fujisan
sunlitFujisan.PNG

Super Rock Smash Ducks
superRockSmashDucks.PNG

Teamwork Works
teamworkWorks.PNG

The Crossing
theCrossing.PNG

The Dung Beetle
theDungBeetle.PNG

The Orb Zone
theOrbZone.PNG

Think Creatively
thinkCreatively.PNG

Tight Squeeze
tightSqueeze.PNG

Trepanation
Trepanation.PNG

Tribes
tribes.PNG

Tribes Soccer
tribesSoccer.PNG

Triforce Retrieve
triforceRetrieve.PNG

Unnamed Level
unnamedLevel.PNG

Warswaza
warswaza.PNG

Welcome to Friendship City
welcomeToFriendshipCity.PNG

Wild Card
WildCard.PNG

Will the Real Bob Please Stand Up
willTheRealBobPleaseStandUp.PNG

Workers Strike
workersStrike.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Little_Apple wrote:DnD: the REAL bitfighter levelgen documentation

Santiago ZAP wrote:bob doesn't make new maps, he makes new gamemodes
<<

Opti

Post Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:05 am

Re: Blitz Contest Discussion

personal favourites:
might bean
bop
screwball
minute dungeon
diaper module
i got a rattlesnake gun.
<<

Santiago ZAP

Post Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:46 am

first of all, thanks bob for hosting this contest!

now, i will consider what bob said as my personal judging on the contest, that means, gameplay, how well the map scales with players, the use of limited time, and some personal linkings as well!

I'll review the maps I have something to say about, doesn't mean the rest cant get a vote, or vice-versa! these will not have review scores per se, as I think having "THIS BE A 10 AND THIS BE A 7 BUT IM VOTING FOR BOTH"
like, who cares tbh, Im just typing what I liked and what I think can be improved.

Final note, I didn't get to play ALL the maps, so im Edit-Updating this when I get to play the rest, especially with other people!

Atomic Harmonics
I liked this one, the way half of the cores are unreachable, plus the time limit makes this map have stategies like spybug/burst spamming as a displacement tool, which could save you seconds off the clock, which, in turn, for 4+ players in each team, could give you a win! This map is amazing with more players, its chaotic and pretty entretaining!

attahk
Not sure if im voting for this one 100%, its interesting but turns out to be very one-sided due to the scale of the map, you try reaching the burst spamming defenses of the other team and you're already out of energy against a whole squad of ships, I have no idea how I would fix it tho.

Cats
cute stuff right here, but the zones are impossible to see, maybie more of a feature than a bug tho.

Coreggers
I cant believe a medium sized map with more than 5 cores in less than one minute felt too short XD, map is really biased for rush-in-and-shoot strategies since cores have like, no health at all, so defensive play is nearly non-existant, which I would've liked, but thats just a personal pick from me, I really liked it!

Cross Hares
Nothing much to say here, but I love the transition from Yellow to Green, It almost felt like a gradient, and feels a bit neon-like, What can I say, im a sucker for line item colored wall maps

Condors
Interesting design, but very small, suffers a lot from 5 players in the same spot just rushing shield-turbo until someone runs out of energy

Diaper Module
So THATS how amgine feels!

All jokes aside, the level is built around bouncer and armor so perfectly that its almost tolerable to have armor equipped, winning is just see who gets the most cheese kills with a displaced bouncer, and the best of all is that the next map will have everyone with the best combination of modules

Emperors Revenge Mini
One minute dungeon, and it works! nice.

foosball
this map is reaaaaaaaaal cute! but it feels incredibly claustrophobic, more of a feature than a bug, but dammit if it suffers from a small amount of players

friendshipInterlude
the art that this map expresses is outstanding, and I do not mean drawing/painting, no. i mean that it lets us see inside the human soul of a bitfighter player, how we're all friends, and we can literally not get ahead of others, so people decide to end it all, could it mean that, even in happy times, when we don't have a purpose, we end up doing self-harm, or in this case, self zapping? or how even with no point insentive, we still try to harm others in our own team, in this case, with mines? I still dont know the appropiate distance on which to appreciate this masterpiece

Frog My Net
would've HEAVILY benefitted being a bit bigger, the improvising where the flag goals is entretaining, but can feel cheap sometimes. I feel like i've played before though, but it says its an homage, do idk

Galivant
God I LOVED this one, not only the aesthetic of being inside a wall, but the fact that only the team's rabbit can get points, and the flags are team-locked, makes this a "Protect the king!" type map, the teleporters used to escape to the other side of the wall are also a nice addition, overal one of my favorites!

hasenpfeffer
god we really liked circles in this contest didn't we

killbox
Great concept, Great gameplay. The strategy of going from one zone to another makes this chaotic! Also bouncer is kinda OP here (I mean, on most of the maps in this contest it is, but still)

Linear Scaffold
If theres a map that suffers from low-score win conditions, its definitely this one, soccer maps are known for that you get cheesed most of the time, and usually this map lasts aroun 10 seconds because of it, that said, its a beautiful looking map, and the desing is amazing, the way the map gets smaller on the goal zones is cool, too!

I liked this one, primarily that the game can turn around in a second if one team loses a flag, the repairable forcefields are cool to prevent double-tapping turbo too, sometimes it feels like the touchdown is already a game over, though.

Map The Map
epic

Memento
This map's design is really cool, especially if you press C by accident, its also very chaotic, and really up for bring competitive! Preety good overall!

Mighty Bean
Looks really cool, but turns out to be burst-spamming in 3+ player counts in each team, nice line items tho

Mini Soccer
Uh, does this one even count?

Minute Dungeon
I swear we played this one 3 times and never once did i even approach the second forcefield, fun tho

Molten Core
The only downside this has is the spawn points, the rest of this map is REALLY good, the way you cant reach certain parts of the core and thus have to move to different parts of the map make adaptation crucial! defending and attacking is INCREDIBLY enjoyable in this map, if and when the core speed feature ever makes it to bitfigher, having a zero-speed core in this map would make this map even better

My Colon
why would you have the loadout zone unreachable unless you spawn next to itttttttt

Negative Space
Simple, Well designed, balanced, but not very unique

One Life Only
Man this map ROCKS, not only in concept, but in design too, will you try to get even a single point and the make sure the others dont get it? Retreat to heal up but risk a point? Will you rush for kills and basically gurantee a win if you win? Its Amazing, especially in the limited time-frame! repair seemed a bit too op with energy items right next to you, but its nothing to make it unplayable, this one's one of my favorites!

pippinpaddleopsicopolis
While it really like it as a defender, getting zapped while attacking the core could mean the end due of the spinning making certain parts unreachable, bursts as displacement tools can mean the end of your run, making defending extremely op in certain situations

Quick Core
This map was so interesting, the four teams make it kinda unbalanced, but even that adds to the chaos of fighting an entire team when it suddendly joins yours with the "Players that lose join the still-living" teams, great map all around

Relay Race
Neat concept! would've loved for the first square to h ave a small hole too for messing with the enemy!

Rhino Slam
Even in small spaces, this map is surprisingly good! displacing enemies or defending the almost-captured flags of your enemies is great, also, spybug detonating your enemies to push them back is some good stuff

Scarab
A big map that works perfectly with the time limit, I have no idea of what to say other than the design and the teleporters is really good! also cute line items

Screwball
Man, controlling the ball on circle-based maps is hard, isn't it? this one's really silly just in the fact that no one knows what to do once they're in the enemy base, also, cute lineitems

Short Circuit
While I feel that 2 points max score is too low, its kinda hard to get the flag out of the enemy base, but stategies like double tapping turbo almost brainlessly can give a huge advantage, cloaking while the enemy crosses their forcefield can be a good strat, cute line items btw

Skip This One
ok

Snake Country
I never expected the scoreboard to be a stategic tool, but behold! I feel its either too easy to get the flag or absolutetly impossible, so idk, the more the players in this, the better btw!

Snapper Rocks
holy heck aren't bursts the most annoying thing on this map, once you get to the other part of the bridge thats when the party starts, the level starts lagging heavily at like 0:10 seconds left, though.

Stupid Fast
this level is so simple yet entretaining, if you die in the first 5 seconds you're preety much dead, tho, but goddamn isn't this map fun, would like to see more like this in the future!

Super Rock Smash Ducks
What a cool script! sometimes you can get actual kills from using double burst, basically getting an entire point, but other than that this burst-spamming map is REALLY creative!

Teamwork Works
A cool concept and a decent execution, cause when it starts everyone just rushes through the portal and gets zapped almost immediatetly, its still interesting to see what you can do outside, like repair things and fill the screen with bullets, I think this map shines more with 4 players on each team, more than that and you're playing touhou inside the cage

The Crossing
I'd say that the only thing bad about this map is the thing about all soccer maps, which is that getting the ball though a tight spot is near-impossible, moreso with 4+ players, and even moreso
with more than two balls in your zone goddamit that sounds wrong

The Dung Beetle
This level ends too soon! More score wouldn't have hurt the quality of the map, which is good, by the way! It just ends WAY too soon via turbo-rushing.

The Orb Zone
we really like circles in this contest don't we? A simple nexus map, with the added bonus of nerfing cloak via bounce spamming if you ever wanna get any of the dropped flags.

Tight Squeeze
Run and spam shield to your opposing team's side, its super claustrophobic and turns us all into S_Bots trying to get to the other side.

Trepanation
simple, chaotic, small, makes bouncer brainless, is a circle and has cute line items, what more could you wish for?

Tribes & Tribes Soccer
At the off chance that two different people made this, Im grouping these together, as they have similar concepts, the spam of energy items just makes you feel really powerful lol, of course, also REALLY broken, but its one of those maps where you just brainlessly become almost a god spamming modules! Maybie not the most competitive thing out there, I can see myself playing these with lots of players just running around, especially the soccer map.

Triforce Retrieve
If you're playing this map for the first time, and the first thing you don't do is press C, you're at the mercy of going to the wrong teleporter and giving your flag to the enemy, Its a nice map once you get used to it, but in the chaotic enviroment that is bitfighter, you're gonna lose the first 15 seconds at least getting used to the map

Wild Card
The thing that CTF maps with 3 or more have is that they're really unfair, sometimes all teams will focus on you not even getting close to your flag, others you'll have your flag in front of you almost randomly, that said, its sheer unpredictability makes it enjoyable to brainlessly rush to whatever's not your team's color

[ + ] :C

Workers Strike
just read what i said in the lamp map lol im tired enough already to make another shitpost

EDIT - Goddamit I used "haha this fun" too many times, Ctrl+F gave me like 20 results when that's not even the word I wanted to describe things with. Reformatted this a bit, but the idea is the same overall, cute line items btw.
:zapdance: :zapdance: :zapdance: :zapdance: :zapdance: :zapdance: :zapdance: :zapdance: :zapdance: :zapdance: :zapdance: :zapdance:
<<

Quartz

Post Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:00 pm

Thanks for your thoughts Santiago!

059: Generic open dogfight Bitmatch with some graphics. Pass.

Atomic Harmonics: Good idea, decent execution. Voted.

Attahk: It’s OK, but nothing special. Weird when the thing that stands out the most to me is the team colors, which are a nice change of pace. Pass, sorry.

Baby Duck: No. Pass.

Battering Ram: One of the better attempts at making this push-of-war style of gameplay work, but it’s still just not great. Pass, sorry.

Battle Course 1: Generic Bitmatch with a few walls. I do like the four teams, but that’s it really. Pass.

Battle Course 2: This actually plays pretty darn well, good work. Voted.

Battle of The Bips: Obnoxious Bitmatch. Test items just so rarely work well in any level – a shame really. Pass.

Better Hurry: This might be my least favorite map of the whole contest. I get the idea, but the most likely thing to happen is some people on your team letting the other team through and vice versa. All that leads to is teammates being pissed at each other… yikes. Pass.

Bipscraper: Generic Bitmatch with a few walls. I do like the four teams, but that’s it really. Pass.

Little Royal: Some very solid scripting, I like how big it is so you can choose whether to be aggressive or hide around and cloak or turn on sensor and stay safely away … there’s a lot of legitimate strategies in this one. Voted.

Bop: One of like three or four soccers in this contest where there’s a twist, and this one is probably the most tedious. Pass, sorry.

BZero X: Me no likey. Pass.

Cash In: As if small Nexus maps weren’t already luck-based enough, this one takes it to a whole other level. Pass.

Cats: Cute, but nothing terribly special. Pass, sorry.

Cleopatra: Generic open dogfight Nexus with some graphics. Pass.

Comb: My favorite Rabbit map of the contest, and there were quite a few. Actually plays decently as a team rabbit and the graphic is amusing. The description has me rolling. Voted.

Condors: I want to like this, but it promotes camping in lieu of getting a touchdown. While that mechanic could be fun, it isn’t very good here. A little refinement and I would vote for it. Pass, sorry.

Coreggers: It’s not bad but it’s not great. Pass, sorry.

Cross Hares: Generic Team Rabbit with a few walls. Pass.

Curl: Generic open dogfight Bitmatch with a weird Speedzone section. It’s probably the most tolerable of the generic open dogfight Bitmatches in this contest, but still … pass, sorry.

Dead Earth: I didn’t enjoy playing this, but I’m willing to be objective and say it’s a well-designed and thought-out map. Voted.

De Futura: Crawling in the walls can be fun. I like it well enough. Voted.

Diaper Module: Thanks Little_Apple for getting this meme started. I’d like it better if each set of maze corridors were unique instead of symmetrical, but it’s still amusing. Nice holes in the wall for Bouncer sneakiness. Voted.

Emperor’s Revenge Mini: I’m really glad to see someone else take on the whole “super fast mini dungeon” stupidity I started. This is solid, I like it a lot. Voted.

Foosball: Like, how? I tried this with a pool table and it totally sucked. Best I’ve ever seen this idea done. Good work. Voted.

Friendship (Interlude): Funny as it is, I can’t bring myself to vote for it. Plus, Mines are still a thing tragically enough. Pass, sorry.

Frog my net: I’ll give this a vote, but as Santiago pointed out, it’d be about 1000x better if someone just grabbed the map and used the scale tool to make it a lot bigger. I love the randomized goal zone, very cool. Voted.

Galivant: Very clever usage of the inside-wall mechanics. Probably the best wack at it that I’ve seen. Good job. Voted.

Hasenpfeffer: Generic open dogfight Rabbit. Pass.

Hhaï: Reminds me of my map “Valence,” but less gaudy and on a much bigger scale. This one is clever. You can’t let the rabbit get away from everyone’s sights or it’s all over – and being as it’s only a minute long, that conclusion is tolerable. Great work. Voted.

Intermission 2.0: I laughed at this more than anything, but I can’t bring myself to vote for it. Pass, sorry.

Invisible Mona Lisa: As bobdaduck said, the level description makes this one. I laughed, but I can’t bring myself to vote for it. Pass, sorry.

Kaleidoscope: Easily the best visuals of the whole contest, but the gameplay is awful. If you can spawn, shield, grab the flag, and shield all the way back to your goal zone, it’s a bad map. Pass, sorry.

Killbox: No. Pass.

Linear Scaffold: One of those clever Soccer maps where the path to the goal looks very straightforward, but because of angles, it’s tough. Very solid map, voted.

Lit Guy: I laughed, but I can’t bring myself to vote for it. Pass, sorry.

Man Wearing Diaper: I laughed, especially at the level description – but I can’t bring myself to vote for it. Pass, sorry.

Loading…: This actually works somehow. Very balanced. Voted.

Map the Map: It’s a very funny meme map, and while the gameplay isn’t totally awful, it’s nothing special either. Pass, sorry.

Memento: Solid gameplay with good design. I love a 2-flag Retrieve. Only issue is the goal zones and load outs need to be a different size, shape, angle, or something, because it’s a little confusing at first glance in the heat of battle. Voted.

Mighty Bean: Clever, but not fun. Pass.

Mini Soccer: This actually works and I’m amazed. Voted.

Minute Dungeon: As sky_lark pointed out, this is akin to Tournament Race. But better. Good work! And, team Foot Crystal forever. Voted.

Molten Core: As Santiago said, this could be really interesting with the core-rotate-speed mechanics raptor is experimenting with right now. Decent. Voted.

My Colon: I laughed, but this plays like shit … or is that the joke? Pass, sorry.

Negative Space: One of those maps where whichever team is most quickly aware of what’s going on wins automatically, pretty much. Pass, sorry.

Obligatory Contest Entry: The level description makes this one. I laughed, but I can’t bring myself to vote for it. Pass, sorry.

One Life Only: Too much damn text, but cool anyway. I like one-life maps. Voted.

Pippinpaddleopsicopolis: Cool and fun idea. Likely to end in a stalemate, but that’s a valid outcome. Would benefit a lot from raptor’s recent core experiments. Voted.

Precision Soccer: I like the idea, but I can’t stand this map. Pass, sorry.

Quick Core: Pretty basic, but you know what, I had fun with it. Voted.

Rabbit Teeth: Not very fun or interesting. The ships are spooky as hell though – how? Pass.

Racermaze: Some of the best circles I’ve ever seen, held back by a horrible, absolutely horrible spawn area. Also one of those maps where whichever team is most quickly aware of what’s going on wins automatically, pretty much. Pass, sorry.

Red Herring: I don’t get it, I’m sorry. Pass.

Relay Race: Fun idea, well executed. Just, too many damn instructions as always. People aren’t dumb, let them figure it out. Still gets my vote.

Rhino Slam: I like CTF maps with neutral flags, but this ain’t it, chief. Pass, sorry.

Scarab: Probably the most fun and balanced CTF map in the contest, well done. Voted.

Screwball: One of those clever Soccer maps where the path to the goal looks very straightforward, but because of angles, it’s tough. Very solid map, voted.

Search and Rescue: Suffers a bit from the “whichever team is most quickly aware of what’s going on wins automatically” issue, but it’s clever enough I’ll give it my vote. Plus, solid Rick roll reference. Voted.

Seedless Fruit: WATERMELONS EVERYWHERE!! v2? It’s uhh, not very special, sorry. Pass.

Short Circuit: Solid and clever concept, flawless execution. Great work. Voted.

skip this one: OK!

Skylark Diner & Lounge: Clever levelgen mechanic. Uhh … not very fun though. Probably could adapt the levelgen to something way cooler. Pass, sorry.

Snake Country: I know it’s supposed to be a troll map, so good job, but like … I hate it so much. Pass.

Snapper Rocks: It’s clever. Make this a little more intuitive and hire a copy editor to shorten all the damn instructions and this would have my vote. As is, pass, just barely, sorry.

Stupid Fast: Probably the most clever attempt at Bitfighter racing there is. Maybe throw in some slip zones in strategic spots? Fun! Voted.

Submarine: Generic open dogfight Bitmatch with some graphics. Pass.

Substation 15: Generic dogfight Bitmatch with a couple of walls and some graphics. Pass.

Sunlit Fuji-San: I had fun with this so it gets my vote, but seriously – don’t use a white team for Zone Control, it’s confusing as hell. Voted.

Super Rock Smash Ducks: This one gets a vote for levelgen wizardry alone. Voted.

Teamwork Works: Again, sky_lark, consider hiring a copy editor. Still gets my vote because it’s great. Voted.

The Crossing: Like Bop, but actually a bit clever. Voted.

The Dung Beetle: One of those maps where whichever team is most quickly aware of what’s going on wins automatically, pretty much. Pass, sorry.

The Orb Zone!!!!!!!: Generic open dogfight Nexus with some graphics. I do like the slipzones but … Pass.

Think Creatively: It’s literally a Nexus map where you’re encouraged to not score kills and to hoard flags onto one person. Unique? Yes. Obnoxious as hell? Also yes! Pass.

Tight Squeeze: Not bad but not good either. Pass.

Trepanation: Not bad but not good either. Pass.

Tribes: Clever, but obnoxious and not all that engaging. Pass, sorry.

Tribes: Soccer: Clever, but obnoxious and not all that engaging. Pass, sorry.

Triforce Retrieve: When are these Legend of Zelda fans going to figure out that the triforce isn’t a good shape for a Bitfighter map because it forces teleporters that bog down the flow of it and … yeah, not very good, sorry! Pass.

Unnamed Level: PASS!!

Warszawa: Not enough escape routes or sneaky places to hide. A tiny bit more work and I’d vote for it. As is, pass, sorry.

Welcome to Friendship City: More clever than the other friendship map, but I can’t bring myself to vote for it. Pass, sorry.

Wild Card: Mediocre and frustrating. Pass.

Will the Real Bob Please Stand Up: I laughed, but I can’t bring myself to vote for it. Pass, sorry.

Worker’s Strike: It doesn’t even work. Congrats on the worst map in the whole contest, Quartz. Pass.
Exploits of Quartz and bobdaduck - Pleiades Maps
19-year-old Quartz mad about lawn removal
raptor wrote:sometimes I think getting Quartz to use plugins is like getting my mom to use a computer
<<

Skybax

Post Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:13 pm

Ultimate Review Template

I'm going to be rating each level on a scale of 0-20, with each factor being given a set max amount of points. I've fixed a few spelling errors, capitalization errors, and one entirely misnamed level. I've included the template in as easy copy format at the bottom.

0:59
Scaling - (3) Because of the large open area, it played fine during the party with lots of people. However, on a normal basis with only 3 or 4 players, it could seem very empty
Score - (4) Ten points seems like a good score to win within one minute for this simple of a map. It could even be a bit higher, maybe 15?
Gameplay - (6) I think that the gameplay, while extremely simplistic, was still very much what Bitfighter is all about. I also like the self reference to the time limit of the contest lol (+1)
Total = 14/20

Atomic Harmonics
Scaling - (5) With plenty of both open areas and bottleneck areas, this map can play very well with any amount of players
Score - (3) While the cores are somewhat protected, they are also easy to kill, and there's only two of them. This makes the game go by pretty fast, not even using close to half the minute. I would suggest either adding another layer, or maybe making one of the cores protected behind the other core, so you have to eliminate one before you can get to the other
Gameplay - (8) Overall, plays very very well, even though it's very fast. I enjoyed playing it multiple times, would love a longer version of it
Total = 16/20

Attahk
Scaling - (4) Mostly open spaces, but not too big, and pretty small overall. Would work with just about any amount of players
Score - (2) 60 points seemed like a lot for only a minute, especially with how close the two ends are. With everyone constantly shield boosting, it was almost impossible to actually hold the flag for any amount of time. Either the hold timer needs to be lower, or the distance needs to be longer
Gameplay - (5) Not really anything special, plays like a generic small HTF map. It did get really stale after the second playthrough, though (-1)
Total - 10/20

Baby Duck
Scaling - (1) Um, way too small for the amount of players we had. Constant death all the time
Score - (2) With how fast everyone died this probably needed to be a lot higher
Gameplay - (2) Tbh not really that fun at all. When this map came up subsequently I afk'd for a minute
Total = 5/20

Battering Ram
Scaling - (5) I honestly couldn't find anything about this scaling that I would change. Big open starting area, multiple pathways; is good scaling
Score - (4) 2 points seemed to be a standard for a lot of these CTF maps, but honestly this could have been 3 and still been within the time limit
Gameplay - (9) All in all a really fun map I thought. The fact that the testItems take up almost the whole hallway without actually getting stuck made the whole "push" concept really need. Where two ships could push one ship with turbo back into it's base. One time I even pushed a testItem behind a teammate that had the flag to cover their retreat lol
Total = 18/20

Battle Course
Scaling - (4) Again, couldn't find much wrong with the scaling. Not too big and not too small. Just a little bit too expansive overall I think. Could do with one less level of expanse
Score - (0) Here's the poop. I hate when the score to win is way too big to ever achieve. There has to be a balance. This is just as bad as my old maps where I'd give people half an hour to get ten points :P
Gameplay - (5) The gameplay itself isn't that bad. Easy to have both group battles and 1v1s without someone interfering. Just kind of boring
Total = 9/20

Battle Course 2
Scaling - (4) Same as the previous level
Score - (0) Why do you do this
Gameplay - (6) This gameplay was a little bit better I think. Would have been even better if there wasn't the big outside area to go all the way around. Keep it in the map
Total = 10/20

Battle Of The Bips
Scaling - (3) Kind of small for the amount of people that were in the party. Probably a max of 12 players would be best I think at this size
Score - (4) I think the 10 score was too low. With not a lot to prevent you from getting shot, it should be higher
Gameplay - (7) I really like the colors, and the "shoot but don't touch" concept was interesting, but sometimes I spawned in the middle on top of the testItem and got stuck. I'm not sure how you'd fix that besides.. taking it away lol. Maybe just made it a polyWall? This is like the map Shi by Hamster, except smaller and deadlier
Total = 14/20

Better Hurry
Scaling - (3) Seemed kind of tight for the amount of players we had. Max of maybe 8 would be good at this size. I would make it bigger and maybe give it multiple pathways?
Score - (3) I think 15 is way too high for the concept. With a "break through" game style, the score should be much lower so that the first team to break through has an advantage
Gameplay - (6) Overall not too bad. I had fun the first two or three times, however, any subsequent plays it got stale (-1)
Total = 12/20

Bipscraper
Scaling - (4) Again, seemed kind of tight during the party. There were outside areas you could escape to, but it's still basically kind of a tight square
Score - (5) I actually thought the 10 score was perfect on this map, since it did have a few places to hide, and separate the conflict, instead of just a haze of bullets
Gameplay - (8) I had a lot of fun with it. Again, love the colors. It was fun to chase people around the area
Total = 17/20

Bittle Royale
Scaling - (5) I mean.. starts giant, end tiny.. kind of impossible not to scale well
Score - (5) Correct me if I'm wrong, but this map had a one life only style right? So the score works perfectly because everyone is only gonna drop their one flag lol
Gameplay - (9) I loved the concept of this map. Who knew you could take a BR game and make it good? The levelgen was spectacular. The only thing I didn't like about it was the fact that it was a Nexus map. Since the flags could fly away into the death zone, it could be extremely frustrating. It should be a Bitmatch instead. It's literally a Battle Royale game, how do you not give points for kills. This could have been the only Bitmatch that Quartz enjoyed but you're playin lol
Total = 19/20

Bop
Scaling - (4) I had a hard time deciding what score to give this scaling. On one hand, you don't want it bigger because then it would be waaaay too hard to defend. On the other hand, I felt like I was tripping over my teammates the entire time
Score - (4) The score also was difficult to decide on. It's super easy to score, yes, but it also gets incredibly repetitive (which is a problem lots of soccer maps have) trying to get up to 50
Gameplay - (3) Despite the other two high scores, I didn't really like playing it. It seemed like it was really easy to get an advantage and keep it, because once the soccer balls were on one side, they blocked the players from shooting the ones that would spawn onto the other side
Total = 11/20

Buzz Bullets
Scaling - (3) Not tooo bad scaling, but did feel a little small. Like everything was way too close to me when I spawned lol
Score - (4) 18 seemed incredibly high, and also a random number, but with how close everything was, it wasn't that hard to get
Gameplay - (6) It was definitely a crazy map, you didn't even really have time to go change your loadout because in that time someone could steal your flag and cap it lol. It basically became a game of who could both return their flag and cap a flag at the exact same time, which isn't the most fun concept. Also why isn't the testItem in the middle (-1)
Total = 12/20

Bzero X
Scaling - (0) lol what's scaling
Score - (5) Short and semi-sweet?
Gameplay - (4) Definitely a gimmick map. Not really a way to lose at all, just sort of a "zoom zoom boom win" thing. I liked the FZero X reference tho (+1)
Total = 10/20

Cash In
Scaling - (3) I mean.. everyone fit, but everyone also got in everyone else's way. Definitely designed for less players
Score - (5) It's max Nexus score, but there's also a huge flag prize at the Nexus, so I guess the score is fine?
Gameplay - (4) I liked the concept, however, it's really not fun for anyone who isn't top five people to zoom. Once people realize what's going on, they all just sit at spawn and shoot everyone so nobody can get to the Nexus lol
Total = 12/20

Cats
Scaling - (4) Sure we all fit okay
Score - (4) 15 seemed to work fine
Gameplay - (2) I hate that the zones are what they are
Total = 10/20

Cleopatra
Scaling - (4) Seemed a little tight for a Nexus map. Very hard to hold on to any of your flags. Best strategy seemed to be sit still in the corner and hope nobody notices the 2 next to your name
Score - (4) Not really any complaints about the score. I'm not super familiar with Nexus scoring algorithms
Gameplay - (6) While the design was very visually pleasing, it played kind of bland, and got very stale after the first couple plays (-1)
Total = 13/20

Comb
Scaling - (3) Seemed very very tight for the amount of people we had. People were basically constantly on the rabbit
Score - (2) 1000 is a lot for a rabbit unless the factors were heavily modified >.>
Gameplay - (4) I know other people really liked this map but I did not have any fun on it at all lol
Total = 9/20

Condors
Scaling - (2) Veeeery very tight map. I swear I couldn't even get anywhere I wanted to go, and not even because of enemies, but because my own team was in the way
Score - (3) If the scaling was better, this score would have been better, but still a little too high I think
Gameplay - (5) I really really wanted to like this map, because I love both the concept and the design. The execution was just destroyed because of how tight everything is, and how the obvious pathways are blocked. I'm not sure why the little dots were so hard to see on this map specifically.
Total = 10/20

Coreggers
Scaling - (4) Mostly okay, a little tight in some places
Score - (5) The amount of cores are perfect because of how easy they are to kill. Maybe even a little too easy
Gameplay - (7) This was one of the maps I enjoyed coming back to each round. Very very fast, but plenty to do. I do wish at least one core was semi-dependable. Like put one down with the spawn so at least it has forcefields lol
Total = 16/20

Cross Hares
Scaling - (5) There are plenty of both small and large spaces
Score - (5) 100 seems like a good rabbit score for this contest
Gameplay - (9) I really like the colors (again), and I also like how the pathways are... perpendicular? Lots of places for the rabbit to escape to. Had lots of fun on this map. Team rabbit is something that usually goes to crap but on this one I saw people actually trying to defend their rabbit boi and it was awesome. I also liked the pun in the name (+1)
Total = 20/20

Curl
Scaling - (4) Seemed kind of lopsided, too much big open space
Score - (5) Perfect score for this size map
Gameplay - (7) Had fun on this map, I like how the goFasts can make you just constantly fly
Total = 16/20

Dead Earth
Scaling - (4) The playable part of the map would be a little too big if it wasn't party level of activity
Score - (5) Read below
Gameplay - (9) I really really like the concept of this map. It honestly wouldn't end up any differently if the middle zone was accessible, however, something about the fact that you can just get majority zones and then run into the abyss makes me giddy
Total = 18/20

De Futura
Scaling - (5) Map seems like it would work fine with any number of people
Score - (3) Seemed very high for this chaotic of a CTF
Gameplay - (5) Concept was very interesting, however, it wasn't very fun to play in the party I think. Maybe it was too many people? Taking a point away from scaling to give to gameplay wouldn't make sense lol. It wasn't even how big things were, it was the fact that it was so hard to find any of the flags because they were too easy to get to
Total = 13/20

Diaper Module
Scaling - (5) Open and closed areas
Score - (4) Weird number but it works I guess
Gameplay - (7) I'm surprised how much I liked this map. Even though the forced loadout was annoying, everyone else also had the same loadout, so we knew exactly what we were getting into lol. The map is also designed well for what it does, with lots of places to bounce bouncers off of
Total = 16/20

Emperor's Revenge Mini
Scaling - (2) Did horribly with lots of people
Score - (5) Can't go wrong with a 1 score ER map
Gameplay - (6) The problem with this map is that it was only fun with people who knew what to do. Whenever people try to shield rush through the turrets, not only do they end up dying before getting to the checkpoint, but they make it impossible for the 5 cloaked people behind them to do anything, because the stray turret fire just murders everyone. This might have been the point, but it was still incredibly frustrating xD Maybe borrow the levelgen from Diaper Module and force everyone to use Cloak and Turbo
Total = 13/20

Foosball
Scaling - (3) You definitely need lots of people for this map
Score - (3) Score way too high for how big the map is. People are lucky to make one or two points by the time the timer runs out
Gameplay - (6) I really like the concept of the map, however, people could teleport glitch through the walls and basically ruin the map, and I didn't like how you could shoot the other players in the cages. You should only be able to shoot the ball
Total = 12/20

Friendship [Interlude]
Scaling - (0) Never heard of it
Score - (0) Negative scores only
Gameplay - (0) lol what's gameplay. Only good for a break map, which I would have rather still had a point
Total = 0/20

Frog my net
Scaling - (3) As others have stated, way too small and bottlenecky
Score - (4) Score seemed pretty good, although could be raised given how close everything is together
Gameplay - (7) I really liked the levelgen. It seemed really familiar, so there must be another map with a similar levelgen that I've played. Not sure I understand the reference, but it was still fun to play nonetheless
Total = 14/20

Galivant
Scaling - (5) This is perfect for small or large groups
Score - (5) As far as I can tell, this is a good range for a 1 minute rabbit map
Gameplay - (9) I really love both the concept and execution of this map. I love how the entire map is on walls, and you use teleports to go "up" to another level. Kind of like the "ramps" concept that I proposed way back in the day. My only complaint was that it was kind of hard to find the carrot holder because of how many pathways there were. But that was probably intended
Total = 19/20

Hasenpfeffer
Scaling - (4) Big circle okay
Score - (5) Perfectly balanced scoring
Gameplay - (4) As perfect as the circle is, map is way too simplistic and not very fun. We basically just run around the edge the entire time trying to get the carrot and then die instantly lol. Got very stale after the second play (-1)
Total = 12/20

Hhaï
Scaling - (5) Scaling is perfect
Score - (3) Score is a little low for rabbit
Gameplay - (8) I really like this map. I'm not sure how many people looked at the cmap during play, I know I sure didn't, and I think maybe it should be edited so that cmap doesn't help you at all. Not knowing that every teleport goes back towards the center, and that freedom lies just beyond a few walls, makes actually happening to escape all the more sweeter
Total = 16/20

Intermission 2.0
Scaling - (4) Technically not bad?
Score - (4) Also technically fine?
Gameplay - (4) All fours I guess. Not a horrible map. I understand the reference. Just not the most fun to play I guess lol
Total = 12/20

Invisible Mona Lisa
Scaling - (0) Bad
Score - (0) Needs to be 1
Gameplay - (0) Do not like
Total = 0/20

Kaleidoscope
Scaling - (4) Scaling isn't bad, seems like a good use of space
Score - (4) Also not bad, just a little bit fast
Gameplay - (6) I don't remember this map much, and after looking at it I think it's because it went by so fast I never even had a chance to look around lol (-1) The art is pretty cool tho, just need to mess with the scoring I think
Total = 13/20

Killbox
Scaling - (3) Definitely very tight. Should be scaled up so more people can fit through a hallway
Score - (4) Not bad given how difficult is it to score, but could be a little bit higher
Gameplay - (8) I really liked the delayed teleporters, so if one or two people went one way, everyone else had to go the other way. It led to forced multiple pathways of assault. And with the middle "killbox" having a random teleporter, you never really knew if that was gonna be an instant point or just put you on the opposite end
Total = 15/20

Linear Scaffold
Scaling - (5) Scaling is perfect
Score - (5) Score is perfect, and you'll see why
Gameplay - (6) It's goddamn heckin hard to score. I love the design and the colors (+1) but I hate how the entire game is just the middle corridor. I don't think I saw one game where people were actively playing and actually made a point. With the sharp angles and hard walls, the ball just constantly bounces back towards the middle. And the spawns didn't help, there was never a time when someone wasn't shooting the ball away
Total = 17/20

Lit Guy
Scaling - (1) Not really any
Score - (4) Technically a good score?
Gameplay - (3) Not really fun to play. Very very bland, unlike poprocks
Total = 8/20

Man Wearing Diaper
Scaling - (1) Can't fit in the arms
Score - (3) Technically means that the map is short so that's a good thing
Gameplay - (1) Not at all fun to play on, joke is meh, and you can spawn outside the map? Why?
Total = 5/20

Scaling - (5) Very good for all ages
Score - (4) Pretty good score. A little bit high for how competitive it is
Gameplay - (8) Very very fun to play. Reminds me of another map but I can't think of what it was. Would get bonus points if there was a levelgen that changed the color of the lineItems in the center to match the goalZones live
Total = 17/20

Map the Map
Scaling - (3) Kinda large
Score - (4) Score seems relatively fine
Gameplay - (4) I understand the joke, and I think it's a good meme map, but not a good contest map. Not super fun to play. Very well designed Lamp tho (+1)
Total = 12/20

Memento
Scaling - (4) Would fit pretty well with both large and small amounts of players
Score - (4) At only two touchdowns, the scoring is pretty good for the size and time
Gameplay - (5) I really wanted to like this map, and I think the design of the cmap is really cool (+1), but playing it was not very fun for me. It was too simple of gameplay for a retrieve, and with this many players, it was overwhelming
Total = 14/20

Mighty Bean
Scaling - (3) Friendly players got in the way a lot
Score - (4) Pretty easy to die if you aren't careful so a 15 score isn't bad
Gameplay - (6) The design is really cool, and I like the concept, however, with the area being so deep, and the killzone being so small, it was either too easy to get away or too difficult to kill, both because enemies could escape and your teammate could get in the way. Maybe less resourceItems so that you could try to score shots off from the sides
Total = 13/20

Mini Soccer
Scaling - (5) Even though it's kind of small, it worked perfectly with our large group somehow. I don't even know how it worked
Score - (4) Score was a little low, would be better at 3
Gameplay - (8) I don't normally like soccer maps, but this one was really fun. Finally getting a goal was exhilarating. Maybe in order to like regular soccer maps I just have to play a smaller version of them?
Total = 17/20

Minute Dungeon
Scaling - (5) Plenty of space and also just enough
Score - (5) 1 for a dungeon yup
Gameplay - (8) A little bit of a bummer that you can't see everyone else, maybe some spybugs around would be good. Like the simple dungeon tactics, seeing who can do them the fastest is cool. People who've played it before definitely have an advantage tho
Total = 18/20

Molten Core
Scaling - (4)) There were some very tight spots where my own team got in my way, never a good thing in a party
Score - (5) 3 cores was good
Gameplay - (7) This was a pretty fun map to play, although the teleports were kind of cheap. Basically made you unable to defend your back core until your front ones were destroyed, but the enemy could still shoot it lol
Total = 16/20

My Colon
Scaling - (1) Way too big even for the party
Score - (1) Way too big of a score for how hard it is to find people
Gameplay - (1) Was crappy
Total = 3/20

Negative Space
Scaling - (4) It's not 5 purely for the gigantic spawn zone. Everything else was perfectly scaled. Although I guess that's in the title isn't it
Score - (4) 1v1 core maps are fun but usually over too fast. It's nice to have a chance to comeback
Gameplay - (7) I really liked this map, even though it always ended quickly. Maybe making the cores a little stronger so they've have to go through an extra revolution would make it better? Very good design tho
Total = 15/20

Obligatory Contest Entry
Scaling - (4) A lot of unused space, but not very big, so it works out
Score - (3) Very small score to win for such a small BM
Gameplay - (5) Honestly it's the minimal effort that gets me. I understand that's the joke from the title, but it doesn't translate to a very fun map tbh
Where's the pizzazz
Total = 12/20

One Life Only
Scaling - (5) Works perfectly with any number. Obviously more is better but I can't see any limit tbh
Score - (4) High score is great because scoring is so dangerous, but would have been nicer if it was a little more balanced towards the time
Gameplay - (10) Super engaging, requires precision aiming and timing to get the enemy team down, even some quick shield boost to get in a few points. Almost every module is viable in some way or another. Probably one of my favorite maps. I had so much fun on this map even on the rounds where I died quickly lol
Total = 19/20

Pippinpaddleopsicopolis
Scaling - (4) Size is a little small for a large group
Score - (4) 2v2 core isn't bad
Gameplay - (5) The map is a little confusing with the walls, and the core shooting holes are so small it basically only works if you're shielding. I really like the artistic side of it (+1), but it doesn't translate well to fun and fair gameplay. It does give me an idea for a similar map that would use a levelgen tho, so thanks for that
Total = 14/20

Precision Soccer
Scaling - (5) Plenty of space to move around without being too big
Score - (0) I'm sorry I have to. It's impossible to get 20 points for your own team
Gameplay - (5) The concept is really cool but it isn't executed in the best way. Most of the fields are basically impossible to score positive on. This is the most trolliest serious map I've ever seen in my life. Keep being you, whoever you are
Total = 10/20

Quick Core
Scaling - (3) Definitely not good for lots of players. Too bottlenecky
Score - (5) With four teams, only one core each is fine
Gameplay - (9) I really really like this map. The middle is a little too small, and the pathways are a little too cramped, but the concept is really cool. I love how it takes advantage of the Core Team Switching feature that I suggested in the last update. I also like how only a specific side of the core can be hit, so you have to time your shots. I remember my team won this game once because I was cloaked, waiting, and then snuck past a guard (Arctic if I'm not mistaken) just in time to take down the last panel on the enemy Core. Really awesome moment
Total = 17/20

Rabbit Teeth
Scaling - (3) Way too weirdly large
Score - (2) Really high score for a rabbit this big
Gameplay - (3) Not really that fun to play for me. The rabbit was always gone and the spaces were large xD I was really interested in the little fake ships tho (+2) I have no idea how you did them and I want you to teach me
Total = 10/20

Racermaze
Scaling - (0) I'm sorry but the spawn is borked my dude
Score - (5) I'm sure the score would have been fine if the map worked
Gameplay - (2) On the off-chance that someone was squirted out into the maze, it was fun to watch. But 85% of us being stuck in the spawn area was not. Should have playtested with like 19 bots or something to see how the physics work xD
Total = 7/20

Red Herring
Scaling - (4) The area where we were meant to fight was a good size
Score - (4) The score was a little low
Gameplay - (5) For all intents and purposes, this could have been a really cool little Bitmatch, however, I have no idea what the entire rest of the map is for and it scares me. I wish I had the file so I could go into the editor and look around. Bottom line is, 1 minute is not enough to see what the heck is going on
Total = 13/20

Relay Race
Scaling - (3) Worked great for the party, would work horribly for anything less than 8 people
Score - (5) 7 seemed very well balanced, there was a rush but not too fast
Gameplay - (8) Very team based and energetic gameplay, was very fun to experience in voicechat with everyone yelling "PASS THE FLAG PASS THE FLAG". Really cool concept. Reminds me of something I thought about while playing zemmer's Bottle O Fun level!
Total = 16/20

Rhino Slam!
Scaling - (1) Was horrible with the amount of people in the party. I understand it was supposed to be cramped but this was too much lol
Score - (2) This should be like 5 with how cramped it was
Gameplay - (3) Not only was the map kind of infuriating with how much everyone got in everyone else's way, but you can also totally cheese the score if the enemy team EVER gets a hold of your team flag. Because the flag spawns overlap, your team flag can spawn directly on top of where the neutral flags spawn, letting you just wiggle your ship around to get instant caps (-1)
Total = 5/20

Scarab
Scaling - (4) Seemed perfect with the amount of people in the party, would suffer with less people
Score - (5) Perfect because of the size and time limit
Gameplay - (7) Definitely a very competitive and team-based map. I never looked at the cmap, though, so I didn't even know those side teleporters went directly to the flag lol, that's kinda cheesy (-1). I like the concept and I love the colors, tho
Total = 15/20

Screwball
Scaling - (5) Seems like it would work with any amount of players
Score - (4) This could stand to be set to 3 or even 4
Gameplay - (8) I can't even believe how you people do this with the shapes. How the heck do you have both perfect circles and sharp points connected in the same map. It's also really fun to watch the ball slide along the curves
Total = 17/20

Search and Rescue
Scaling - (3) Would suffer immensely from a small group, already almost too big with the party that played it
Score - (2) Score is way too high for the size and timer
Gameplay - (5) The concept is really interesting, and I'm amazing that you found a working QR code that actually has that many playable pathways in it (+1). Not only that, but the QR code is a Rick Roll (+1)
Total = 12/20

Seedless Fruit
Scaling - (3) Scaling was kind of small for the party
Score - (2) I never saw the points go above 2
Gameplay - (4) Honestly not that fun, because of how small it was and how close the two teams were to each other. This is the biggest drawback of HTF gametypes, unless the rate of points is very very high, it's so hard to make progress
Total = 9/20

Short Circuit
Scaling - (4) It's big enough to not be crowded, but the single pathways make big groups of players hard to play with
Score - (5) This is good because it's hard to score anyways
Gameplay - (7) I really like the art of this map, and the way that the forcefields don't even look like forcefields, but more like actual walls you can phase through. However it's extremely hard not only to get the flag but also to take it all the way back. I think it could benefit from a short delay on the teleporters so that if you kill the enemy team they don't immediately spawn right on the flag
Total = 16/20

skip this one
Oh okay

Skylark Diner & Lounge
Scaling - (3) It's kind of cramped for a larger group to play in
Score - (4) It seems low but it actually works okay because of how hard it is to keep the flag
Gameplay - (5) The levelgen is pretty interesting, however, the concept execution is lacking and the map isn't that fun to play
Total = 12/20

Snake Country
Scaling - (3) Extremely crowded
Score - (3) Seems pretty high for how difficult the map is to navigate
Gameplay - (5) I think the map is pretty amusing, and I'm not totally against each team being the same, however, it's just too cramped and bottleneck'd to really be fun more than once
Total = 11/20

Snapper Rocks
Scaling - (5) The way the map is designed, means size doesn't really matter
Score - (5) Seems giant but is easy to get because of flag spawns
Gameplay - (7) It's a really cool concept, and the design is really unique (playing an entire game on a wall), however, it can be very confusing and difficult to figure out what to do in only a minute. I wish the screenshot showed the whole map so I could see even what it was lol
Total = 17/20

Stupid Fast
Scaling - (2) Too heckin massive
Score - (1) I don't understand how or why this is a Nexus
Gameplay - (2) It really wasn't very fun to play. The "race track" seemed counter intuitive to actually racing. And everyone shooting the whole time meant that phaser blasts were constantly being flung forward, murdering everyone lol. Impossible to kill anyone behind you and incredibly easy to die
Total = 5/20

Submarine
Scaling - I don't even
Score - What
Gameplay - It's art but how do I play on it
Total = Huh?

Substation 15
Scaling - How do I
Score - Why is that
Gameplay - Oh this is a Bitmatch?
Total = Game Over

Sunlit Fuji-San
Scaling - (4) A little narrow for big teams but the spacing works okay
Score - (4) That's like two touchdowns right? I feel like it should maybe even just be one
Gameplay - (7) Honestly I had fun with this map. It's pretty basic and repetitive, just running in as fast as you can and trying to get zones, but it's pretty amusing and engaging. Also, I never even had time to look at cmap, so now that I see a screenshot, wow, good art (+1)
Total = 15/20

Super Rock Smash Ducks
Scaling - (5) Size is really good
Score - (4) I'm unsure why the score is even 3 if there's a levelgen that 99% prevents you from dying to weapons. Because people can cheese points with mines and double bursts?
Gameplay - (9) Overall, really awesome concept (Yay Smash Bros!) and an amazing levelgen to help it work. I'd like this levelgen to be made into a user friendly version that could be distributed and made into other levels. I do feel like it needs some sky_lark style instructions tho so we know what to do, because it took me a good 40 seconds to realize what was going on. Also maybe some way for the game to track who owned the last weapon that damaged you before you died and give them a point?
Total = 18/20

Teamwork Works
Scaling - (5) It looks narrow but it's not
Score - (4) I feel like maybe this should be lower? I think most of the games ended on time rather than score.
Gameplay - (9) How did this even work? I'm looking at the screenshot and I understand how only two people get into the center, but what if they die? Is there a levelgen that makes those people respawn in the center again? Or do they just lose lol. Either way, really cool concept and really awesome map
Total = 18/20

The Crossing
Scaling - (3)
Score - (2)
Gameplay - (3) This was basically Bop but.. slower, somehow
Total = 8/20

The Dung Beetle
Scaling - (3) Very narrow, not many pathways
Score - (2) Honestly for a map with pathways as simple as this, 2 points is too fast
Gameplay - (4) This seemed to be a popular map, but I didn't like it. The lines and the design is interesting, but the actual gameplay is very lacking. 1 flag retrieve with 1 way to the flag and 1 way to the enemy base is kind of.. boring.
Total = 9/20

The Orb Zone!!!!!!!
Scaling - (4) We all fit pretty well, though it could be a little bigger
Score - (5) This score seems fine for a 1 minute Nexus with only one opening
Gameplay - (8) I really liked this map actually. I don't normally like small Nexus maps, but I thought the fact that everything was a circle was pretty cool, and I thought that the slipZones actually added something positive to the level instead of just being annoyances. Very very cool level
Total = 17/20

Think Creatively
Scaling - (4) A little bit cramped with how many people we had, but would work fine under normal circumstances
Score - (5) Doesn't seem like it really matters since we won a round with over 30 million points
Gameplay - (6) Very interesting map and concept. I wouldn't say it requires you to think creatively, more so unconventionally. You actually get more points by dying more and then giving all the flags to one person than you do by actually killing anyone
Total = 15/20

Tight Squeeze
Scaling - (1) Horrible with more than 4 people I think
Score - (1) Needs to be, like... 1
Gameplay - (2) I understand the premise, however, nobody ever likes bottlenecks, especially when there's 20 people playing
Total = 4/20

Trepanation
Scaling - (4) We mostly fit
Score - (4) This wasn't too bad. It could be over fast or it could take a while, it all depended on the players
Gameplay - (8) Another level that I had a lot of fun with. Though it looks very different, the gameplay is very similar to raptor's CelticArena map (lots of circling)!
Total = 16/20

Tribes
Scaling - (2) Really heckin big dude
Score - (3) I was actually surprised at how fast this map went by
Gameplay - (5) So, this is an interesting concept, however, all of the energyItems and the poor coordination of random teams leads it to be extremely one sided most of the time
Total = 10/20

Tribes: Soccer
Just no

Triforce Retrieve
Scaling - (3) Too small for as many people as we had, especially since it relies on teleports to get around
Score - (4) The score seemed right, two touchdowns, although they were hard to get
Gameplay - (6) I really like the idea behind this map, being three different teams with different qualities based off the three pieces of the Triforce. However, it was too small to really execute it properly, and as the teleporters are kind of confusing, people ended up just getting lost. Maybe make it bigger and the teleporters in a more obvious place as to what goes where?
Total = 13/20

Unnamed Level
Scaling - (1) Literally the size of one screen, but imagine 20 people
Score - (2) Even 3 is too much
Gameplay - (4) It says "blast from the past" but I have no idea what from. What even is this. Why do the teleporters take you on the other side of the map. How did people manage to go through the teleporter and still have the flag, leading to the flag being on the far other side of the map?
Total = 7/20

Warszawa
Scaling - (5) This seemed like a very good spaced out level
Score - (3) 9999 seems like a lot and I don't remember there being any flagSpawns. So that should maybe be more attainable
Gameplay - (6) This was an interesting level. It definitely looks pretty good, with both the art and the skew angle. However, at this point in the party I was pretty burned out on Nexus maps lol so it played pretty stale. The gameplay itself isn't anything special. Diamonds and trapezoids, bois
Total = 14/20

Scaling - (4) Good size map
Score - (5) I mean I guess? Can win every time lol
Gameplay - (5) I can't in good faith give this any more than a half score. It's a 1 team zone control with a bunch of flags. I do think the art is pretty cool, and the sentiment is nice (+1). But the gameplay itself isn't really anything memorable lol
Total = 15/20

will the real bob please stand up
Scaling - (3) Sort of small, but lots of open space at the same time
Score - (3) Score is also pretty low for the size
Gameplay - (5) Not really anything special. sadSquare
Total = 11/20

Worker's Strike
I wanted to give this map a better rating, because the art looks cool. I'm assuming it either has some sort of levelgen that broke, or whoever made it forgot to do something very critical before actually sending it off. Oh well lol

Code:
[url=https://bitfighter.org/forums/download/file.php?id=576&mode=view][b]0:59[/b][/url]
[b]Scaling[/b] -
[b]Score[/b] -
[b]Gameplay[/b] -

[url=https://bitfighter.org/forums/download/file.php?id=577&mode=view][b]Atomic Harmonics[/b][/url]
[b]Scaling[/b] -
[b]Score[/b] -
[b]Gameplay[/b] -

[url=https://bitfighter.org/forums/download/file.php?id=578&mode=view][b]Attahk[/b][/url]
[b]Scaling[/b] -
[b]Score[/b] -
[b]Gameplay[/b] -

[url=https://bitfighter.org/forums/download/file.php?id=579&mode=view][b]Baby Duck[/b][/url]
[b]Scaling[/b] -
[b]Score[/b] -
[b]Gameplay[/b] -

[url=https://bitfighter.org/forums/download/file.php?id=580&mode=view][b]Battering Ram[/b][/url]
[b]Scaling[/b] -
[b]Score[/b] -
[b]Gameplay[/b] -

[url=https://bitfighter.org/forums/download/file.php?id=581&mode=view][b]Battle Course[/b][/url]
[b]Scaling[/b] -
[b]Score[/b] -
[b]Gameplay[/b] -

[url=https://bitfighter.org/forums/download/file.php?id=582&mode=view][b]Battle Course 2[/b][/url]
[b]Scaling[/b] -
[b]Score[/b] -
[b]Gameplay[/b] -

[url=https://bitfighter.org/forums/download/file.php?id=583&mode=view][b]Battle Of The Bips[/b][/url]
[b]Scaling[/b] -
[b]Score[/b] -
[b]Gameplay[/b] -

[url=https://bitfighter.org/forums/download/file.php?id=584&mode=view][b]Better Hurry[/b][/url]
[b]Scaling[/b] -
[b]Score[/b] -
[b]Gameplay[/b] -

[url=https://bitfighter.org/forums/download/file.php?id=585&mode=view][b]Bipscraper[/b][/url]
[b]Scaling[/b] -
[b]Score[/b] -
[b]Gameplay[/b] -

[url=https://bitfighter.org/forums/download/file.php?id=586&mode=view][b]Bittle Royale[/b][/url]
[b]Scaling[/b] -
[b]Score[/b] -
[b]Gameplay[/b] -

[url=https://bitfighter.org/forums/download/file.php?id=587&mode=view][b]Bop[/b][/url]
[b]Scaling[/b] -
[b]Score[/b] -
[b]Gameplay[/b] -

[url=https://bitfighter.org/forums/download/file.php?id=660&mode=view][b]Buzz Bullets[/b][/url]
[b]Scaling[/b] -
[b]Score[/b] -
[b]Gameplay[/b] -

[url=https://bitfighter.org/forums/download/file.php?id=588&mode=view][b]Bzero X[/b][/url]
[b]Scaling[/b] -
[b]Score[/b] -
[b]Gameplay[/b] -

[url=https://bitfighter.org/forums/download/file.php?id=589&mode=view][b]Cash In[/b][/url]
[b]Scaling[/b] -
[b]Score[/b] -
[b]Gameplay[/b] -

[url=https://bitfighter.org/forums/download/file.php?id=590&mode=view][b]Cats[/b][/url]
[b]Scaling[/b] -
[b]Score[/b] -
[b]Gameplay[/b] -

[url=https://bitfighter.org/forums/download/file.php?id=591&mode=view][b]Cleopatra[/b][/url]
[b]Scaling[/b] -
[b]Score[/b] -
[b]Gameplay[/b] -

[url=https://bitfighter.org/forums/download/file.php?id=592&mode=view][b]Comb[/b][/url]
[b]Scaling[/b] -
[b]Score[/b] -
[b]Gameplay[/b] -

[url=https://bitfighter.org/forums/download/file.php?id=593&mode=view][b]Condors[/b][/url]
[b]Scaling[/b] -
[b]Score[/b] -
[b]Gameplay[/b] -

[url=https://bitfighter.org/forums/download/file.php?id=594&mode=view][b]Coreggers[/b][/url]
[b]Scaling[/b] -
[b]Score[/b] -
[b]Gameplay[/b] -

[url=https://bitfighter.org/forums/download/file.php?id=595&mode=view][b]Cross Hares[/b][/url]
[b]Scaling[/b] -
[b]Score[/b] -
[b]Gameplay[/b] -

[url=https://bitfighter.org/forums/download/file.php?id=596&mode=view][b]Curl[/b][/url]
[b]Scaling[/b] -
[b]Score[/b] -
[b]Gameplay[/b] -

[url=https://bitfighter.org/forums/download/file.php?id=597&mode=view][b]Dead Earth[/b][/url]
[b]Scaling[/b] -
[b]Score[/b] -
[b]Gameplay[/b] -

[url=https://bitfighter.org/forums/download/file.php?id=598&mode=view][b]De Futura[/b][/url]
[b]Scaling[/b] -
[b]Score[/b] -
[b]Gameplay[/b] -

[url=https://bitfighter.org/forums/download/file.php?id=599&mode=view][b]Diaper Module[/b][/url]
[b]Scaling[/b] -
[b]Score[/b] -
[b]Gameplay[/b] -

[url=https://bitfighter.org/forums/download/file.php?id=600&mode=view][b]Emperor's Revenge Mini[/b][/url]
[b]Scaling[/b] -
[b]Score[/b] -
[b]Gameplay[/b] -

[url=https://bitfighter.org/forums/download/file.php?id=601&mode=view][b]Foosball[/b][/url]
[b]Scaling[/b] -
[b]Score[/b] -
[b]Gameplay[/b] -

[url=https://bitfighter.org/forums/download/file.php?id=602&mode=view][b]Friendship [Interlude][/b][/url]
[b]Scaling[/b] -
[b]Score[/b] -
[b]Gameplay[/b] -

[url=https://bitfighter.org/forums/download/file.php?id=603&mode=view][b]Frog my net[/b][/url]
[b]Scaling[/b] -
[b]Score[/b] -
[b]Gameplay[/b] -

[url=https://bitfighter.org/forums/download/file.php?id=604&mode=view][b]Galivant[/b][/url]
[b]Scaling[/b] -
[b]Score[/b] -
[b]Gameplay[/b] -

[url=https://bitfighter.org/forums/download/file.php?id=605&mode=view][b]Hasenpfeffer[/b][/url]
[b]Scaling[/b] -
[b]Score[/b] -
[b]Gameplay[/b] -

[url=https://bitfighter.org/forums/download/file.php?id=606&mode=view][b]Hhaï[/b][/url]
[b]Scaling[/b] -
[b]Score[/b] -
[b]Gameplay[/b] -

[url=https://bitfighter.org/forums/download/file.php?id=607&mode=view][b]Intermission 2.0[/b][/url]
[b]Scaling[/b] -
[b]Score[/b] -
[b]Gameplay[/b] -

[url=https://bitfighter.org/forums/download/file.php?id=608&mode=view][b]Invisible Mona Lisa[/b][/url]
[b]Scaling[/b] -
[b]Score[/b] -
[b]Gameplay[/b] -

[url=https://bitfighter.org/forums/download/file.php?id=609&mode=view][b]Kaleidoscope[/b][/url]
[b]Scaling[/b] -
[b]Score[/b] -
[b]Gameplay[/b] -

[url=https://bitfighter.org/forums/download/file.php?id=610&mode=view][b]Killbox[/b][/url]
[b]Scaling[/b] -
[b]Score[/b] -
[b]Gameplay[/b] -

[url=https://bitfighter.org/forums/download/file.php?id=611&mode=view][b]Linear Scaffold[/b][/url]
[b]Scaling[/b] -
[b]Score[/b] -
[b]Gameplay[/b] -

[url=https://bitfighter.org/forums/download/file.php?id=612&mode=view][b]Lit Guy[/b][/url]
[b]Scaling[/b] -
[b]Score[/b] -
[b]Gameplay[/b] -

[url=https://bitfighter.org/forums/download/file.php?id=613&mode=view][b]Man Wearing Diaper[/b][/url]
[b]Scaling[/b] -
[b]Score[/b] -
[b]Gameplay[/b] -

[url=https://bitfighter.org/forums/download/file.php?id=614&mode=view][b]Loading...[/b][/url]
[b]Scaling[/b] -
[b]Score[/b] -
[b]Gameplay[/b] -

[url=https://bitfighter.org/forums/download/file.php?id=615&mode=view][b]Map the Map[/b][/url]
[b]Scaling[/b] -
[b]Score[/b] -
[b]Gameplay[/b] -

[url=https://bitfighter.org/forums/download/file.php?id=616&mode=view][b]Memento[/b][/url]
[b]Scaling[/b] -
[b]Score[/b] -
[b]Gameplay[/b] -

[url=https://bitfighter.org/forums/download/file.php?id=617&mode=view][b]Mighty Bean[/b][/url]
[b]Scaling[/b] -
[b]Score[/b] -
[b]Gameplay[/b] -

[url=https://bitfighter.org/forums/download/file.php?id=618&mode=view][b]Mini Soccer[/b][/url]
[b]Scaling[/b] -
[b]Score[/b] -
[b]Gameplay[/b] -

[url=https://bitfighter.org/forums/download/file.php?id=619&mode=view][b]Minute Dungeon[/b][/url]
[b]Scaling[/b] -
[b]Score[/b] -
[b]Gameplay[/b] -

[url=https://bitfighter.org/forums/download/file.php?id=620&mode=view][url=[b]Molten Core[/b][/url]
[b]Scaling[/b] -
[b]Score[/b] -
[b]Gameplay[/b] -

[url=https://bitfighter.org/forums/download/file.php?id=621&mode=view][b]My Colon[/b][/url]
[b]Scaling[/b] -
[b]Score[/b] -
[b]Gameplay[/b] -

[url=https://bitfighter.org/forums/download/file.php?id=622&mode=view][b]Negative Space[/b][/url]
[b]Scaling[/b] -
[b]Score[/b] -
[b]Gameplay[/b] -

[url=https://bitfighter.org/forums/download/file.php?id=623&mode=view][b]Obligatory Contest Entry[/b][/url]
[b]Scaling[/b] -
[b]Score[/b] -
[b]Gameplay[/b] -

[url=https://bitfighter.org/forums/download/file.php?id=624&mode=view][b]One Life Only [/b][/url]
[b]Scaling[/b] -
[b]Score[/b] -
[b]Gameplay[/b] -

[url=https://bitfighter.org/forums/download/file.php?id=625&mode=view][b]Pippinpaddleopsicopolis[/b][/url]
[b]Scaling[/b] -
[b]Score[/b] -
[b]Gameplay[/b] -

[url=https://bitfighter.org/forums/download/file.php?id=626&mode=view][b]Precision Soccer[/b][/url]
[b]Scaling[/b] -
[b]Score[/b] -
[b]Gameplay[/b] -

[url=https://bitfighter.org/forums/download/file.php?id=627&mode=view][b]Quick Core[/b][/url]
[b]Scaling[/b] -
[b]Score[/b] -
[b]Gameplay[/b] -

[url=https://bitfighter.org/forums/download/file.php?id=628&mode=view][b]Rabbit Teeth[/b][/url]
[b]Scaling[/b] -
[b]Score[/b] -
[b]Gameplay[/b] -

[url=https://bitfighter.org/forums/download/file.php?id=629&mode=view][b]Racermaze[/b][/url]
[b]Scaling[/b] -
[b]Score[/b] -
[b]Gameplay[/b] -

[url=https://bitfighter.org/forums/download/file.php?id=630&mode=view][b]Red Herring[/b][/url]
[b]Scaling[/b] -
[b]Score[/b] -
[b]Gameplay[/b] -

[url=https://bitfighter.org/forums/download/file.php?id=631&mode=view][b]Relay Race[/b][/url]
[b]Scaling[/b] -
[b]Score[/b] -
[b]Gameplay[/b] -

[url=https://bitfighter.org/forums/download/file.php?id=632&mode=view][b]Rhino Slam![/b][/url]
[b]Scaling[/b] -
[b]Score[/b] -
[b]Gameplay[/b] -

[url=https://bitfighter.org/forums/download/file.php?id=633&mode=view][b]Scarab[/b][/url]
[b]Scaling[/b] -
[b]Score[/b] -
[b]Gameplay[/b] -

[url=https://bitfighter.org/forums/download/file.php?id=634&mode=view][b]Screwball[/b][/url]
[b]Scaling[/b] -
[b]Score[/b] -
[b]Gameplay[/b] -

[url=https://bitfighter.org/forums/download/file.php?id=635&mode=view][b]Search and Rescue[/b][/url]
[b]Scaling[/b] -
[b]Score[/b] -
[b]Gameplay[/b] -

[url=https://bitfighter.org/forums/download/file.php?id=636&mode=view][b]Seedless Fruit[/b][/url]
[b]Scaling[/b] -
[b]Score[/b] -
[b]Gameplay[/b] -

[url=https://bitfighter.org/forums/download/file.php?id=637&mode=view][b]Short Circuit[/b][/url]
[b]Scaling[/b] -
[b]Score[/b] -
[b]Gameplay[/b] -

[url=https://bitfighter.org/forums/download/file.php?id=638&mode=view][b]skip this one[/b][/url]
[b]Scaling[/b] -
[b]Score[/b] -
[b]Gameplay[/b] -

[url=https://bitfighter.org/forums/download/file.php?id=639&mode=view][b]Skylark Diner & Lounge[/b][/url]
[b]Scaling[/b] -
[b]Score[/b] -
[b]Gameplay[/b] -

[url=https://bitfighter.org/forums/download/file.php?id=640&mode=view][b]Snake Country[/b][/url]
[b]Scaling[/b] -
[b]Score[/b] -
[b]Gameplay[/b] -

[url=https://bitfighter.org/forums/download/file.php?id=641&mode=view][b]Snapper Rocks[/b][/url]
[b]Scaling[/b] -
[b]Score[/b] -
[b]Gameplay[/b] -

[url=https://bitfighter.org/forums/download/file.php?id=642&mode=view][b]Stupid Fast[/b][/url]
[b]Scaling[/b] -
[b]Score[/b] -
[b]Gameplay[/b] -

[url=https://bitfighter.org/forums/download/file.php?id=643&mode=view][b]Submarine[/b][/url]
[b]Scaling[/b] -
[b]Score[/b] -
[b]Gameplay[/b] -

[url=https://bitfighter.org/forums/download/file.php?id=644&mode=view][b]Substation 15[/b][/url]
[b]Scaling[/b] -
[b]Score[/b] -
[b]Gameplay[/b] -

[url=https://bitfighter.org/forums/download/file.php?id=645&mode=view][b]Sunlit Fuji-San[/b][/url]
[b]Scaling[/b] -
[b]Score[/b] -
[b]Gameplay[/b] -

[url=https://bitfighter.org/forums/download/file.php?id=646&mode=view][b]Super Rock Smash Ducks[/b][/url]
[b]Scaling[/b] -
[b]Score[/b] -
[b]Gameplay[/b] -

[url=https://bitfighter.org/forums/download/file.php?id=647&mode=view][b]Teamwork Works[/b][/url]
[b]Scaling[/b] -
[b]Score[/b] -
[b]Gameplay[/b] -

[url=https://bitfighter.org/forums/download/file.php?id=648&mode=view][b]The Crossing[/b][/url]
[b]Scaling[/b] -
[b]Score[/b] -
[b]Gameplay[/b] -

[url=https://bitfighter.org/forums/download/file.php?id=649&mode=view][b]The Dung Beetle[/b][/url]
[b]Scaling[/b] -
[b]Score[/b] -
[b]Gameplay[/b] -

[url=https://bitfighter.org/forums/download/file.php?id=650&mode=view][b]The Orb Zone!!!!!!![/b][/url]
[b]Scaling[/b] -
[b]Score[/b] -
[b]Gameplay[/b] -

[url=https://bitfighter.org/forums/download/file.php?id=651&mode=view][b]Think Creatively[/b][/url]
[b]Scaling[/b] -
[b]Score[/b] -
[b]Gameplay[/b] -

[url=https://bitfighter.org/forums/download/file.php?id=652&mode=view][b]Tight Squeeze[/b][/url]
[b]Scaling[/b] -
[b]Score[/b] -
[b]Gameplay[/b] -

[url=https://bitfighter.org/forums/download/file.php?id=653&mode=view][b]Trepanation[/b][/url]
[b]Scaling[/b] -
[b]Score[/b] -
[b]Gameplay[/b] -

[url=https://bitfighter.org/forums/download/file.php?id=654&mode=view][b]Tribes[/b][/url]
[b]Scaling[/b] -
[b]Score[/b] -
[b]Gameplay[/b] -

[url=https://bitfighter.org/forums/download/file.php?id=655&mode=view][b]Tribes: Soccer[/b][/url]
[b]Scaling[/b] -
[b]Score[/b] -
[b]Gameplay[/b] -

[url=https://bitfighter.org/forums/download/file.php?id=656&mode=view][b]Triforce Retrieve[/b][/url]
[b]Scaling[/b] -
[b]Score[/b] -
[b]Gameplay[/b] -

[url=https://bitfighter.org/forums/download/file.php?id=657&mode=view][b]Unnamed Level[/b][/url]
[b]Scaling[/b] -
[b]Score[/b] -
[b]Gameplay[/b] -

[url=https://bitfighter.org/forums/download/file.php?id=658&mode=view][b]Warszawa[/b][/url]
[b]Scaling[/b] -
[b]Score[/b] -
[b]Gameplay[/b] -

[url=https://bitfighter.org/forums/download/file.php?id=659&mode=view][b]Welcome to Friendship City[/b][/url]
[b]Scaling[/b] -
[b]Score[/b] -
[b]Gameplay[/b] -

[url=https://bitfighter.org/forums/download/file.php?id=661&mode=view][b]will the real bob please stand up[/b][/url]
[b]Scaling[/b] -
[b]Score[/b] -
[b]Gameplay[/b] -

[url=https://bitfighter.org/forums/download/file.php?id=662&mode=view][b]Worker's Strike[/b][/url]
[b]Scaling[/b] -
[b]Score[/b] -
[b]Gameplay[/b] -
raptor wrote:Sorry Skybax, I hijacked your signature so I could post lots of info.
Whittling While wrote:Does this mean I finally get quoted in someone's signature?
watusimoto wrote:Who are the devs around here?!?
<<

bobdaduck

Global Moderator

Post Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:51 pm

Low effort bitmatch barely on theme by an accident of meta, there is nothing to this so 1/10
Atomic Harmonics
A nice competitive map, it is not ugly, 6/10
attahk
A rather simple map, gameplay only really becomes variable if someone starts using repair. 3/10
Baby Duck
I would give this 1/10 but it gets major points for the duck crossing signs
Battering Ram
Simple with not a lot of gameplay. I would recommend opening the middle, perhaps with some dotted sections. 2/10
Battle Course
I actually thought this was interesting, because small teams mean you're better off coordinating with a teammate and fighting together is a better strategy. That's new to bitmatches. at least 6/10 for it.
Battle Course 2
Better map design but poorer gameplay methinks. 4/10.
Battle Of The Bips
I don't understand this whatsoever 0/10
Better Hurry
Of course this map is supposed to be obnoxious and gets a rating proportionate, but I might try moving the forcefields onto walls separate from the borders, creating narrow passageways and a fortified main.
Bipscraper
a colorful bitmatch gets a whole point 1/10
Bittle Royale
Okay its a little unclear what the script is doing but if it is doing what I think its doing that's a pretty incredible concept. I could see playing it over and over again still being fun! For the replayability, script, and execution, 9/10
bop
ok I laughed. Definitely not competitive but silly and fun nonetheless, 5/10
Bzero X
Oh man we've even got a rollercoaster. Maybe a higher capture maximum because it goes really fast. I have no idea what the bots are doing but also there's a bunch of mines? idk, 5/10
Cash In
This was pretty fun, until I realized someone had a massive lead because they made it through first. I think it would be better with a more moderated first flag count.
Cats
Why would you do this
Cleopatara
It looks nice but there isn't a lot of gameplay to speak of, its just a wide open nexus. 3/10
Comb
Wow!
Condors
I can't tell if the top is supposed to a passage, but it gets stuck. The speedzones, the spikes breaking up the passage to ensure two ships can't get through, this might have been an alright concept but the difficulty is just too high.
Coreggers
As someone else said blowing up cores is pretty satisfying. I might suggest tinkering with the map to be more symetrical, or have just a few more cores.
Cross Hares
super slow point rate means you only get points killing bunny or killing as bunny, I don't know how well that works in a team context. In fact I think its pretty lackluster- 2/10
Curl
I love curl, I'd almost even nominate it as a stock map. the super slow speedzones into the super fast end one is funny and very flavorful, 8/10
Dead Earth
The zone in the center cements this as a tug of war map until one team can get dominance and run screaming into the void. Could be mitigated by making the flags teamed, or maybe making running away slightly more difficult, but I do like the concept. 6/10
deFutura
Very simple, not unfun, but feels bare. 4/10
Diaper Module
Its already in all the screenshots but here we've made it to the actual level! I actually do not enjoy playing this but its hilarious so 8/10
Emperors Revenge Mini
Very fun! I was disappointed that we couldn't beat it in under a minute with TWENTY PEOPLE but after a few tries to get the strategy down I felt accomplished. 8/10
foosball
Great concept, mediocre gameplay. I really wish it was better but I don't know how to do that. I love foosball in real life, so 6/10
friendshipInterlude
I refuse to review what I can't play
Frog My Net
Too cramped lol. This map is a homage to my "forget me knot" level, and I think they even used the same script. I think the author should have split the zones so they don't flicker overlapping.
Galivant
This is one of the maps I feel could use a longer time limit, but it feels pretty novel. The passageways seem too complex to explore all of them in one minute, and its hard to understand if you haven't played the map before.
hasenpfeffer
wow what an elegant
hhai
A map where getting lost is a feature. Definitely new but idk if its fun- I'd have to get used to the idea of it. The time limit works to its advantage though, so I give this strong points for using the contest theme. 7/10
Intermission 2.0
"changelog" made me laugh. Love the nostalgia
Invisible Mona Lisa
Level description made me laugh, love the nostalgia.
Kaleidoscope
Someone's imitating sky_lark's canonical levelmaking style- "so many line items that its permanently impossible to tell what you're supposed to do" 2/10
killbox
Long teleporters are almost required to give the map character- but they're also obnoxious and bad sorry 1/10
Linear Scaffold
I'd like like two more obstacles? 6/10
Lit Guy
1/10 also I refuse to get the reference
Man Wearing Diaper
for good judgement in making this map even less than a minute long, I'll award this a whole star 1/10
Fun! I wonder if it was inspired by us playing Invader Alex' old "clock" map? The gameplay is plenty solid, 8/10. One suggestion I saw that would be awesome would be making the inner lineitems match the outer zones- I could help with the script for that if you like
Map The Map
Nice art but I am bored, even with the joke, 3/10
Memento
Kind of basic but the gameplay is good and the aesthetic is worthy. 6/10
Mighty Bean
ENABLE ENGINEER
Mini Soccer
Wow for how low effort this is it plays extremely well lol, maybe we could extract some general soccermaking principles from this parable, 7/10
Minute Dungeon
Decent attempt at a dungeon but I think it is broken maybe the contest organizer should allow an editing period? like 5/10
Molten Core
This map rocks in a bad way I do not like it 4/10
My Colon
uhh a bunch of isolated mini-battles would be a decent concept if there was terrain rather than just "whoever spawns next to you wins because they have energy" 4/10
Negative SpaceDecent design and it actually can come down to making a decision between offense and defense which I liked, 6/10
Obligatory Contest Entry
obligatory review
One Life Only
This was so cool, flawless execution, mapmaker should make an entire series, definitely one of my favorites, 9/10
pippinpaddleopsicopolis
alittlebitconfusingatfirstsincesomelinesyoucangothroughandothersyoucantbutoveralgameplayisokayforasmallamountofpeoplesoidgiveitfiveoutoften
Precision Soccer
This was so different! The change of pace really doesn't diminish its competitiveness other than "the more people on your team the worse your team will do because more of them will be stupid about it" so maybe a little too intelligent of a map but I still really liked it, this is one of the ones I'll want to add to my servers. 7/10
Quick Core
it looks like RTS but doesn't quack like a duck. I don't know if a levelgen would help this but just about anything would help this annoying clunker of a map. The horrible bottleneck means you have to start burning energy the moment you leave your base and the horrible wall placement means you'll spend it all just trying to maneuver close to their core. bump bump bump bump I hate it 1/10
Rabbit Teeth
Nice art, boring level, works with large size of people though (most rabbits do not) so 6/10
Racermaze
Hmmmmmmmmmm
Red Herring
Funny. Someone get in contact with Zoomber to let him know.
Relay Race
Innovative points for sure, but idk about gameplay. Might as well be single teamed.
Rhino Slam
This would be bad except the map name definitely makes it feel cooler bruteforcing through everyone. Wish the flags were more spread out though, I'm still unclear where to do what.
Scarab
Hate it 1/10
Screwball
I'm apathetic about this one enough to vote for it, but I also didn't really feel any hype when playing it. Open space soccer = swarmball which needs to be emphasized in unique ways to be good.
Search And Rescue
Someone other than me will need to do the qr code, kind of interesting, a good chill map, 6/10
Seedless Fruit
No real defenses means there's lots of just bruteforcing the flag back and forth which I do not enjoy, 3/10
Short Circuit
Very very cool, I love the progress aspect, this is probably one of the best teamed "bust in" retrieves we've seen. Elegant and aesthetic, 9/10
Skip This One
no. -1/10
Skylark Diner and Lounge
LEVELCONTROLLER: REVIEW COMING RIGHT UP
5/10
Snake Country
Good use of teamed text, but still not fun, nobody has yet been able to do this genre of map well and you didn't either, I'm afraid
Snapper RocksOnce I've figured out the map flow, this is awesome. Its fun the entire time no matter what happens or what area you get shunted into, 10/10
Stupid Fast
For how simple this is, its surprisingly competitive. I enjoy the traps, but the author should consider doing something to cut down on the "rocket ship" mine trick. A couple bends in the map would work perfectly. 7/10
Submarine
No we don't, ow my eyes, 2/10
Substation 15
I can't really tell what's going on, the map tells me its a bitmatch but my eyes tell me its a zone control or perhaps some arcane form of soccer, 4/10
Sunlit Fujisan I would say lower the time limit on this one- since its nearly impossible to score a full touchdown, all progress until the final few seconds is meaningless. After that, could be cool, 6/10
Super Rock Smash Ducks I helped on the script on this one, its super smash bros! This script has a ton of potential, especially I think on other gametypes. It will, of course, be released with all the contest maps at the end, so I'd be excited to see people make other maps with it.
Teamwork Works
This map is incredible but I still need to play it a couple times to get a good feel for it. at least 8/10, I love the way roles are dedicated and how if you're on support you get to go into that role heartily without wondering if it'd be better if you're on the front line.
The Crossing
Hm, didn't we see this before? Maybe not. A little disappointing after bop, the speedzones seem contradictory. Maybe on its own merits a kind of "defense only" soccer map like this could be good, I just keep thinking of it expecting it to play offensively like other soccer maps. 5/10
The Dung Beetle
It looks a little like someone's first map plus tons of lineitems, it plays well enough, I guess, for 4/10
The Orb Zone
I think the slip zones actually *add* to this map which I was impressed with. Fun and intense, 7/10
Think Creatively This map is also a red herring, I feel like. It gets outclassed by the other nexus maps in the contest, 3/10
Tight Squeeze This map would be about perfect for slightly less than one players, but its just a little too... Well look if you're going to gimmick a mechanic you gotta at least make it fun 1/10
Trepanation
Bottlenecky and small and I don't really like how the flags are in the center of the map on a ctf, it offends my delicate sensibilities, so I give 2/10
Tribes
Now these maps were interesting. I don't like zone controls where you can't touchdown, I've decided. The energy mechanic is neat though, its just hard to like the map when everyone has a flag. 3/10
Tribes Soccer
This one was much better. honestly just very fun boosting around to get them to the goal and stuff, despite its simplicity it was quite enjoyable 7/10
Triforce Retrieve
i hate zelda now
Unnamed Level
...ok?
Warswaza
a little basic, 4/10
I laughed, this is one of my favorites. ONE TEAM ZONE CONTROL honestly pretty soothing and enjoyable.
Wild Card
Mapmaker asked me to rename this to "wild card" from buzz bullets. Someone noted 3 team ctfs kind of trip you up and this is true, it dampens the enjoyability of the map. I would make green just be neutral items instead.
I cannot my legs do not work 2/10 for interesting wall widths
Workers Strike
I only tried playing this one and was stuck in a wall the whole time while a teamate got to play around and have fun in the center, how is that fair? I'm going on strike from rating this map.

<<

sky_lark

Post Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:29 pm

Thanks to ducky for hosting! Nearly 90 maps is incredible. I also really appreciate you putting up screenshots, I know that must've taken quite a while but it makes remembering the maps much easier.

To make a general point, not just to ducky but to anyone hosting a contest in the future: Please consider having an edit period for maps! For one, a lot of maps seem to be plagued by only a few small things that could easily be cleaned up, and for two, it can be quite difficult to replicate how a map will play out with 15+ people in the level editor. I had tried a few different simulations with bots and was amazed at how much different my map actually played out with real humans.

For this contest, I hope everyone will consider making changes to their maps before uploading to pleiades, and maybe we can have a special game night after the conclusion of the contest with all the updated versions?
Follow Bitfighter! FacebookTwitterDiscord
<<

sky_lark

Post Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:00 am

Now for some map thoughts... I wasn't expecting anyone to review every map, but shoutout to the folks who are! Feedback much appreciated. I'll just list some thoughts for a few maps.

Two overarching thoughts:

1. There's an interesting dynamic here where the goal is to make maps one minute long, so naturally they end up rather small, but then we go and play them with like 15+ people! I think some maps certainly benefit from only having 3v3 or 4v4, while others are much more playable with 8v8 or 9v9.
    2. Several maps had super low score caps. To me, that doesn't make much sense, since the time cap is already low at only a minute. There were definitely several maps that I wanted to play for longer but couldn't because the score cap had the map ending in like 30 seconds.
Specific map thoughts:

Bittle Royale -- really cool levelgen. Took me a minute to understand what was going on, but it's like hunger games/fortnite right? I hope we can play this again Friday, now that we know what's happening I bet it would be really fun. EDIT: It looks like the last player standing gets to cap flags? I didn't see that the first time around, thought it just kinda ended. That's really cool then, this map deserves more love.
    Bop -- fun map. Interesting to pick between playing all out offense vs trying to play some defense. I was impressed we were able to crush our opponent so much haha, thought it would be an even game. Great name too.
    Cleopatra -- Coronavirus-esque levelgen art, nice haha.
    De Futura -- This one didn't seem to be a hit but I quite enjoyed the spawn areas being on the walls and being able to pick whether you wanted to go attack or play defense from above. That and being able to play defense in the bases, firing on players as they came in was cool. One thing I would suggest is, have an external border, otherwise some troll will inevitably take the flag, pass it to a teammate on the outer wall, and bolt!
    Diaper Module -- Don't really understand the diaper association, but the amgine module set was pretty funny. Also a nice visual change of pace from the constant shield and phaser combo. And of course the hilarious bug where the module stays that way for the next map in the rotation, so everyone's still got armor and bouncer for the next map.
    Frog My Net -- No idea about the name or what the homage is paying tribute to, but I thought this was a lot of fun! I assume there is a levelgen going on here, it's cool to go after different zones. One thing though is the highlight color seems to just be pink the whole time, not sure if that's intentional or not but it threw me off a bit at first being on the green team.
    Galivant -- Team rabbit with team flags is blowing my mind right now. Seeing these flags just glide across the map after someone dies due to the rabbit flag momentum mechanic, but not being able to pick them up, is pretty surreal. Playing defense on teamed flags has always been kinda neat since you can't return the flag, just have to defend at that spot, but now the flags also move a little, which is quite interesting. Only thing I disliked here was how abstract and messy the general map design seemed, I was never really sure where I was going. But the overall map was really, really fun!
    hasenpfeffer -- I know it's just a circle but for a rabbit map this was quite clever, this way the rabbit doesn't get stuck in an awkward corner for eons but rather just keeps flowing.
    Killbox -- The outer layer was a bit distracting, not realizing it wasn't part of the map, but honestly I had a good bit of fun here. The craziness of the random portal paths and the slightly slower pace due to the portal delays giving defense more time to breathe were nice touches. I will say it was irritating to sometimes spawn in the middle and not be able to do anything due to portal delay, so maybe that portal shouldn't have a delay but the "shortcut" portals could.
    Linear Scaffold -- really fun soccer map! In general I liked all the maps with pretty line art. :) This one played really well, and was a battle from start to finish. Higher score cap is a must! I would also be down to just play this map for a solid 3 or 4 minutes straight, too.
    Loading... -- I know this concept has been done a few times before, but honestly, it's a great take. I like how you're never really "out" -- even if the other team gets a full touchdown, you still have a chance to fire back with a quick touchdown of your own. Very playable and fun map.
    Memento -- I was a bit worried opening this map up thinking it was a 3-zone retrieve, as those can be really quite hard to get touchdowns on. The loadout zone looking like a flag zone really tricked me haha! But this was a lot of fun.
    Mighty Bean -- this map grew on me. It's kind of like dodgeball in a way, right? Would like to see this concept experimented with a bit. It felt like it was just spamming phasers back and forth at first, but then some strategy grew into more bursts, preserving health, etc.
    Mini Soccer -- I'm not sure about the ethics of voting for this one (or Intermission v2.0, for that matter), given it's basically just another map shrunk down, but it plays really well, so that has to count for something!
    Minute Dungeon -- Tournament Race! Haven't played one of those in ages. I never quite made it all the way through, but it was a fun memory to relive. Thanks!
    My Colon -- Disgusting name aside, I like the concept here. Similar to Mighty Bean, would be interested to see it fleshed out a bit more. It's like, the further you go along, the more enemies you run into since people can't go backwards, but also the closer you get to the end. I just wish the end was an actual prize, not asteroids haha!
    pippinpaddleopsicopolis -- This map grew on me as well, seemed to be some strategy with defending the cores. Unlike other core maps where you can just fly around and attack it from different sides, this one you actually had a solid chance at defending a core while your teammates attacked the enemy's cores.
    Quick Core -- Oh man, this with engineer (a la RTS) would've been epic, but it was still fun even without. Nice to see the core distribution feature in action, that's a really great feature.
    Rabbit Teeth -- Fake ship design knocked it out of the park here. We really ought to have an "art" level contest again. These ships looked damn real and made me flinch multiple times.
    Scarab -- Fun map. I feel like it needs a couple play throughs to get the full hang of the strategy.
    Screwball -- My favorite map in the contest. I can't say enough about this map, it's really fantastic. Time and time again the ball goes near the goal and you think it's a guaranteed score... only for it to roll back out the other way. So many saved goals from that alone. Really, really good design. I want to play this with a higher cap and maybe a little more time too. This one will be a staple of many game nights in the future, I hope!
    Short Circuit -- Ooh, a take on that Hamster bridge map maybe? Color scheme/contrast is sweet, as is the general minimal design and art. I wasn't a fan of the spawn delay at first, but I guess with the enemies having to go the long way around the teleporters, it's important for balance. That said, I think should be a CTF not a retrieve... I want to spend more time with the laserbeams and playing defense. Or if it is staying as a retrieve, then a higher score cap is a must, so that we can have time to develop more of a strategy.
    Skylark Diner & Lounge -- I assume this is in reference to me? If so, I'm honored! Frankly I don't really understand much of it, but I do like chocolate milk, so can't complain! Cool!
    Stupid Fast -- I can't believe this map is as fun as it is, but it is. Also, Arctic is a god on this map for some reason, won it like 3x in a row
    Super Rock Smash Ducks -- A bit of a shame we weren't able to get this fixed until the end because this is a damn good map, epic levelgen and a lot of fun. Quite a bit of strategy too.

EDIT: For Bittle Royale, It looks like the last player standing gets to cap flags in the nexus? I didn't see that the first time around, thought it just kinda ended. That's really cool then, this map deserves more love.
Last edited by sky_lark on Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<<

amgine

Post Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:50 pm

I wanted to put a small note on the map welcome to friendship city.

I was looking around and as far as I could tell I couldnt find any co op zone control maps so this map be a first.

it also had a interesting dynamic where its barly humanly possible to solo the whole thing ( I actully managed to do this and posted it in the discord) which creates a whole new dynamic of time trail maps. (seriqously I got really hooked on this I had to go back and add a vote for it)
Bitfighter Forever.
<<

sky_lark

Post Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:16 pm

Not to derail the thread too much, but it would be interesting to see some speedrunning dungeons or one-team maps. Think like emperor's revenge, or lamp dungeon, where the goal is to beat it as fast as possible. Wouldn't even have to be new maps either.
<<

Quartz

Post Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:50 pm

sky_lark wrote:Not to derail the thread too much, but it would be interesting to see some speedrunning dungeons or one-team maps. Think like emperor's revenge, or lamp dungeon, where the goal is to beat it as fast as possible. Wouldn't even have to be new maps either.

It's what I had in mind when I made this: http://bitfighter.org/levels/levels/view/121

I also think it would be fun to see more speedrun maps.
raptor wrote:sometimes I think getting Quartz to use plugins is like getting my mom to use a computer
<<

bobdaduck

Global Moderator

Post Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:51 pm

blitzHighscore.PNG

THE META HAS CHANGED
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

<<

Little_Apple

Post Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:03 am

Here are my real factual opinions on these wonderful maps:

0:59
I’m not a big fan although it is pretty inoffensive. I would like it more if the 5 and the 9 looked as good as the 0.

Atomic Harmonics
Interesting map, but pretty cramped. Even with low numbers. Some of the item placement also seems a little odd. This map would really benefit from a little more polish.

Attahk
Fairly simple, but not bad! I’m not sure if the map really benefits from being at an angle or not, as it renders the upper neutral turrets mostly useless. I would like to see a faster score rate, as well as a loadout zone.

Baby Duck
A lovely map that tells the story of a Baby duck, a Mommy duck, and last but not least, Bobdaduck. This map is all it needs to be.

Battering Ram
This map is alright, but gets pretty cluttered. It could use some visual touching up.

Battle Course 1
Pretty fun map with party numbers, albeit simple. I like the idea, but wish the map itself was more interesting.

Battle Course 2
Very similar to the first, and also fun! My thoughts are basically the same.

Battle of The Bips
I am not a fan of this map, but I can see how it would appeal to those that have a desire to be in a prison riot.

Better Hurry
Better hurry, dood. This map feels like it was made by Opti in 2011.

Bipscraper
Simple and visually appealing. I think the map is pretty small for 4 teams and the score limit should be raised.

Bittle Royale
A fun Bitnite proof of concept that plays well! In future versions I demand that there be flossing and dabbing emotes.

Bop
A goofy map that is 50% luck and 50% BS. Perfect.

Buzz Bullets
Fast and chaotic 3 way CTF. Well seasoned with asteroids. Fun stuff!

Bzero X
This map went by so quick during the party I literally don’t remember it. It’s a jaggedy roller coaster with mines. Wonderful.

Cash In
This map wins the award for most teleporters.

Cats
This map is not a good map. However, it is a good cat.

Cleopatra
Simple FFA Nexus. Not much going on in this map. Very spiky.

Comb
Wow! One of a kind!

Condors
This map was made for baby bips. Make it for big boy bips.

Coreggers
I don’t remember playing this, but I did. It has many cores, wow! The visual aesthetic reminds me of character designs from Cyberchase. I think this map needs more cores.

Cross Hares
Neat map! the asteroids serve as a goofy equalizer, so I don’t hate them. that much.

Curl
It’s a Bitmatch except you can get stuck in a loop. That’s it.

deFutura
This map is very abstract. It really makes you think of what it means to be a rectangle. With asteroids. And how you can leave it all behind and fly out into the infinite void.

Dead Earth
This map is neat but NEEDS team assigned flags. Although even then it is very open to griefing. Some sort of boundary script would be just what this map needs.

Diaper Module
I feel as if I should apoligize as I feel responsible for this map. This map is a terrible idea executed terribly well. This map is purposely designed to be a worst case scenario for armour. tight corners with projectiles flying everywhere. This map is a postmodern marvel and it would be a great tragedy for the Bifighter community if it wins.

Emperors Revenge Mini
It’s a dungeon and it’s over in a minute. Excellent.

foosball
It’s a neat idea, but I’m just not a big fan. Very easy to exploit teleports.

friendship (Interlude)
The map that shows us that when people cannot kill others, they turn on themselves.

Frog My Net
Ctrl-A, Shift-Ctrl-X, 2, Return.

Galivant
Cool idea but overall kind of messy. I’m not sure the map benefits from being on top of a polywall as it only makes the other polywalls more unclear. This could be a very good map with a little more time in the oven.

Hasenpfeffer
Pure minimalism.

hhai
More like Bai, rabbit lol xd

Intermission 2.0
A contender for the best map in the “slightly edited stock map” category.

Invisible Mona Lisa
Truly a masterpiece.

Kaleidoscope
Nice visuals, but not a lot going on gameplay wise.

killbox
It has turrets shooting balls so thats pretty cool I guess.

Linear Scaffold
Hard to score but good fun. Needs a higher score count.

Lit Guy
Before this map I never knew how it felt to be a pop rock.

Very well designed and fun map with good flow. the forcefields are very thoughtfully placed and are very good at disrupting the enemy team. I just wish that the walls and line items matched up better, but that’s just me nitpicking.

Man Wearing Diaper
Ctrl+A, Delete

Map The Map
This is a good map.

Memento
A fairly standard 2 flag Retrieve map with a clever design motif.

Mighty Bean
A deceptively strategic Bitmatch map with health and energy items placed in each base and resources for cover. If only it was fun.

Mini Soccer
It plays and looks great! Plagiarism gets no votes from me.

Minute Dungeon
It’s a dungeon and it’s over in a minute. Eh.

Molten Core
Clearly laid out and visually appealing. This map is fun! I like it.

My Colon
This map wins the award for “most poop asteroids”.

Negative Space
Pretty standard core map. Not much going on.

Obligatory Contest Entry
This map feels like it was made by Opti in 2020.

One Life Only
A very neat proof of concept map that plays rather well! It would be cool to see a larger version of this in the future, and streamlined via levelgen. I like it!

Pippinpaddleopsicopolis
Pretty neat map, but kind of confusing. It would be beneficial if the walls were clearer on where they were. Also I’d like the circle to line up. Please.

Precision Soccer
Interesting concept but a nightmare to play with any more than 2 players.

Quick Core
Like a tiny RTS. Cramped but fun.

Rabbit Teeth
Simplistic yet messy. It’s corridors next to corridors and half the corridors lead to teleports that go to other corridors. It’s not very interesting IMO. although hiding amongst the fake ships is kinda fun and goofy.

Racermaze
An alright maze map for no more than two people. This map is really not at home at a party, and after being played once or twice gets stale fast. this map could be pretty fun with a levelgen that randomizes the maze each time, and would help give the map more replay value.

Red Herring
An unnecessarily large bitmatch made from a repurposed dungeon. y tho

Relay Race
I like it but I hate it.

Rhino Slam!
This map is painful to play. It’s very little. I think it could use more map.

Scarab
Its an alright CTF map. The teleports don’t add much except in the way of frustration. The whole thing feels pretty under developed.

Screwball
Pretty standard but a whole lotta fun. The goals are just small enough that the ball tends to fly around and miss them entirely which makes for some fun moments. Very simple yet polished.

Search And Rescue
This map grew on me, although it is not without its flaws. It takes a little while to understand whats going on, but once you have it figured out it’s quite fun. Although players can tend to camp the goal zone and ignore the search entirely. I would like to see more places to return the flag.

Seedless Fruit
An okay map, but a lousy fruit salad. Pretty cramped with not a whole lot going on. I think the script could see some more use here as well. I think the map could grow in size and see some added defensive options.

Short Circuit
One of my favorites! I like the visual style with the territories being clearly conveyed with line art, and the unique style of progressive gameplay. I would love to see this idea expanded upon in the future!

skip this one
I don’t know what this map is everyone keeps skipping it

Skylark Diner & Lounge
I never got my fresh squeezed grapefruit juice what gives

Snake Country
I like the loadout zones

Snapper Rocks
A goofy semi-competitive mini fast nexus. It’s equal parts fun and frustrating. Neat!

Stupid Fast
Why are there mines why would you do this please don’t

Submarine
We all live here.

Substation 15
An interesting bitmatch that could use some polishing up. This map would benefit from some sort of blank zone for art or even just line items. Rough edges aside, it makes for a decent FFA bitmatch.

Sunlit Fuji-san
A very nice looking map with a very simple king of the hill style of zone control. Its ridiculously hard to get a touchdown and basically boils down to frantically flying to your death till the time is up. White is also a pretty bad team color to be using with zone control with neutral goal zones.

Super Rock Smash Ducks
I like the idea, but I don’t like playing it. It’s a good thing the best way to win is to use /idle.

Teamwork Works
I like this map. It’s gimmicky, but very fun.

The Crossing
This map would be okay if soccer balls didn’t spawn wherever they wanted. But they do. So it’s pretty broken in its current state.

The Dung Beetle
Basic 1 flag retrieve. This map could really use some less simplistic hallways to make it a little more interesting. Especially for the bottom corridor.

The Orb Zone!!!!!!!
This map has many orbs and many flags. It looks neat and is basically pure chaos. Amazing.

Think Creatively
Remember kids: Suicide is always an option.

Tight Squeeze
It’s too tight I need to go up a size, Ma

Trepanation
This map is very small and not very fun. I think it could really be improved with some sort of defensive options.

Tribes
I think for how basic this map is very hard to wrap my head around. It’s Very large (especially for the contest) and the gimmick is not very fun IMO.

Tribes Soccer
It’s like a soccer map with a guy constantly screaming WOOP in your ear

Triforce Retrieve
Clumsy, cramped, and cluttered. It’s the Triforce’s degenerate cousin!

Unnamed Level
A bold map, with strong corners and mysterious teleports that make you want to reevaluate your life.

Warszawa
It looks neat and plays alright. Standard FFA nexus.

I love my friends!

FINALLY a GOOD MAP. now THIS is how a map is made people. An example of perfection in simplicity. I’m glad there is a frowny face so that people will take this map seriously. I LOVE IT RRGGGGHHHHHHH

Workers Strike
This map is missing a mighty bean.
Hee-ho!
<<

FoOtloOse

Post Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:31 am

0:59 – Bitmatch
Honestly, I didn’t know this was even a contest entry when we played it. It makes for a nice break map and plays fine for being a simple bitmatch level.
Atomic Harmonics – Core
The level looks interesting with various circle shapes. I feel as though the portals (which I did not notice have a spawn delay until going through each map now) don’t contribute much to gameplay. Maybe having them deposit you closer to either core would be better. Also, I think increasing core health would be good, but I understand that within the one-minute time limit certain specifications had to be maintained.
Attahk – Hold the Flag
I wish you could win this map by score (it takes one minute to reach 30 points, 60 points to win). The design is simple, I think the forcefields add a lot to defensive gameplay by blocking the quickest route to the enemy’s base. I don’t feel like the turrets at the top contribute a lot to gameplay, but I can see them helping if the total time was longer.
Baby Duck – Bitmatch
Baby duck doo, doo, doo…okay, really though, as an ode to baby duckling, it is a cute map (and way better than baby shark). As a simple bitmatch, there’s not much to say about the gameplay. The border could be more interesting around the outside.
Battering Ram – Capture the Flag
Interesting concept, but I don’t feel like it plays very well in one minute. As soon as you get the enemy flag, your escape route is blocked by test items, you’re shot down, and the enemy flag is returned to base. These events lead to frustration, I believe overall the map could be cleaned up a bit.
Battle Course 1 – Bitmatch
I feel as this map is too big for four teams, especially with the score to win being 1,000. I think it would play better as a two-team bitmatch and also benefit from a score reduction (where it is possible to win by score).
Battle Course 2 – Bitmatch
This is a simple, but fun two-team bitmatch. While on the bigger side for regular gameplay, it fits in well with party numbers. The design could be a bit more interesting, and I would like to see a lower score (score to win is 1,000) where it is possible to win by scoring alone.
Battle of The Bips – Bitmatch
I dislike the fact that all loadout zones are blocked by test items, and that you need to kill yourself to change your loadout. I feel like this defeats the purpose of placing loadout zones. I just figured out now while going through that there are access points on the edges of each separating line to get to the other squares. I think with some edits the gameplay could be more enjoyable.
Better Hurry – Capture the Flag
This map can bring out the frustration in anyone (especially when using repair). I feel like the score of 15 is too high even if it didn’t have the one-minute time limit. While it is interesting on the first play-through, subsequent plays quickly get old fast.
Bipscraper – Bitmatch
This map is pretty, has an attainable score limit, and a defined border. These make for a simple, but fun, team bitmatch.
Bittle Royale – Nexus
This map has an incredibly creative levelgen; the outer ring slowly encroaches, while the hexagons fire at you when you get close. Last man standing wins by being automatically transported to the nexus (which is then triggered to open) with flags. Everyone who dies is transported into “spectator” boxes. This map is very fun to play, once you understand what’s going on, and it has an interesting design to it.
Bop – Soccer
A simple soccer match that plays well as a break level. I think it could be improved by reducing the number of soccer balls and having set spawns for them.
Buzz Bullets – Capture the Flag
I don’t think a three-team CTF works that well, especially on a map this small with a score to win of 18. The wild card (asteroids) was interesting, occurring with 15 seconds left. I feel like it could use a good bit of cleaning up.
BZero X – Capture the Flag
This map passed so quickly; I didn’t have a chance to understand what was going on. The blue team starts with a bunch of bots automatically and spawns in a square surrounded by hostile turrets. This makes the majority of players spawn on red who then take the flag through the speedzones to score. After the mines that are placed throughout the track are blown up, it takes three seconds to score. For a (very short) break map it plays fine.
Cash In – Nexus
Whoever manages to get through the portals first wins. Okay for a break map.
Cats – Zone Control
The goal zones should be marked more clearly so players know where to go. Also, pink has an advantage because the arrows pointing to goals are much easier to see than the gray arrows, and I don’t like cats that much.
Cleopatra – Nexus
I like the design, but feel as though it would benefit from some barriers added in. Also, changing the nexus to open more than once would help it from being as luck-based.
Comb – Rabbit
I think the hostile turrets detract from the comb-like atmosphere as well as the gameplay. It could use some polish.
Condors – Zone Control
This map lends itself to frustration and not much else. It could use some fixes.
Coreggers – Core
I enjoyed this map and think it’s fun to play but goes by too fast (even in the one-minute limit). I think increasing the core health would be an improvement or adding a core with more health to the protected area of the base. Also, I think this map would benefit from no/slowed core rotation speed.
Cross Hares – Rabbit
This map is pretty and interesting for being team rabbit. Best case scenario has teammates protecting the flag carrier, which is good except for the fact that killing enemies gets points the quickest in this case. The asteroid spawns are interesting, but I feel that they would be better as one-and-done.
Curl – Bitmatch
Setting yourself free is easier said than done. This is a fun little bitmatch that surprises you right at the end when the speedzone flings you around faster.
De Futura – Capture the Flag
The map would greatly benefit from not being able to exit it, as the team in the lead can just run off with the other flag. Also, I don’t feel like the asteroid spawns add to the gameplay.
Dead Earth – Zone Control
Adding a border or even zones that prevent leaving the map would be great for gameplay. It would prevent one team from running off with the flags when they gain the lead. A different fix would be changing the neutral flags to team flags. It is interesting with how you need to hold the zones since you can’t capture the middle zone. It also has an interesting design.
Diaper Module – Bitmatch
This map has an interesting design and is better than your average joke map. The best thing going for it is the levelgen that controls loadouts. The worst thing is cloth diapers.
Emperor’s Revenge Mini – Retrieve
Fun little dungeon which requires much teamwork.
Foosball – Soccer
An interesting concept, but I don’t feel that it is executed quite right. When entering portals, sometimes players are able to exit the squares and then run through the map to score easily. I think the score is too high (10) and scoring is too hard, even with a lot of people playing.
Friendship (Interlude) – Rabbit
Friendship is more important than winning, as this map so clearly shows.
Frog my net – Zone Control
This map was really fun to play, but I think it could benefit from clearer goal zone placement. Also, it is a bit cramped and could use a scale of about 1.5x.
Galivant – Rabbit
For a team rabbit map, it was fun, but has potential to be better. I think the overall design could be cleaned up a bit. Also, not sure if it was intended or not, but you can get stuck between the wall and forcefield.
Hasenpfeffer – Rabbit
This map feels like an FFA bitmatch. It’s very simple and I think a one-minute time limit is fitting.
Hhaï – Rabbit
I feel like this map is too big, even with a lot of players. Also, it’s pretty much impossible to find the person with the carrot once they slip away. I think it would benefit from an outer barrier and also being scaled down.
Intermission 2.0 – Bitmatch
I love that it’s a throwback to the original intermission. The changelog detailing the edits is cute, but the map still seems a bit plagiarize-y. Plays fine for a simple bitmatch.
Invisible Mona Lisa – Bitmatch
I don’t know the map Foo, but it must have been something…could use a couple edits here and there.
Kaleidoscope – Retrieve
This map is visually very pretty and symmetrical. I think the triangular walls in the middle would look better if they were longer (similar to a ship), maybe add a second flag, and some more barriers to help with defense.
Killbox – Capture the Flag
Not sure what the point of the outer ring is. The spawn delay on the middle teleporter is interesting, however; the map is quite cramped, and I think it could use some editing.
Linear Scaffold – Soccer
This map is very pretty with an interesting design. It’s quite fun with a lot of people continuously pushing on each side (although scoring is near impossible). I feel like it is better for smaller crowds and maybe an increased score.
Lit Guy – Bitmatch
The design is interesting, okay for a simple bitmatch.
Loading… – Zone Control
The design is interesting, although I feel that the art could use a bit of a polish (line items snap to walls! who knew?). I think the gameplay represents Bitfighter well: fast, fun, and frenetic. Repair comes in very handy with the two forcefields too. This map is definitely one of my favorites.
Man Wearing Diaper – Bitmatch
I think this is the man that goes with the diaper from Diaper Module. Good score and time limit.
Map the Map – Nexus
This map has interesting art. The gameplay is fine, I think it’s a good simple nexus map.
Memento – Retrieve
The design of this map is very intriguing, almost makes you dizzy looking at it. The gameplay is back and forth, with it being better with fewer people in my opinion.
Mighty Bean – Bitmatch
Interesting concept, nice use of the curve tool. Fine for a simple bitmatch.
Mini Soccer – Soccer
Fun gameplay but a little too familiar for me.
Minute Dungeon – Retrieve
Fun little dungeon, actually playable in one minute! Interesting design.
Molten Core – Core
Pretty graphics, I think the inner core could benefit from a bit more health, but I understand it’s hard with the time limitation. Only played through this once that I remember during the party, so not sure how gameplay is with more people.
My Colon – Bitmatch
This map has an interesting concept (spawning you behind or ahead of others), wish the end had a better present, but I guess it is too realistic for that.
Negative Space – Core
Very simple, seems like first team to the core will win. I think it could use some edits and more cores/more health on the cores.
Obligatory Contest Entry – Bitmatch
If I were kidnapped, I would try and hide more send help messages throughout. Good score.
One Life Only – Retrieve
This map was really fun to play, although in most cases the first team to the middle would win. I think allowing spectators to influence gameplay via repairing objects would be interesting, although not necessarily a good addition to this map.
Pippinpaddleopsicopolis – Core
I think this map could benefit from a levelgen that makes the opposing team’s line items into walls versus just purple line items. Visually appealing, but I think it could use some tweaking.
Precision Soccer – Soccer
This map has an interesting concept, but I think it would benefit from some more conceptualizing.
Quick Core – Core
I actually really enjoy this map, almost like a mini RTS without engineer (which would be too much on a map this small). The core balancing is very handy for this map, sometimes the core you’re killing switches in seconds to become the one you have to defend! One of my favorite maps.
Rabbit Teeth – Rabbit
I feel that this map could benefit from being scaled down and having less teleporters. The fake ships are very neat! The two-flag concept is interesting, not sure where I stand on it for this map.
Racermaze – Retrieve
I feel that any more than two people is too many for this map. Could benefit greatly from the max players setting or by resizing the middle.
Red Herring – Bitmatch
Takes about 10 seconds to load in, not sure why someone would take the original dungeon and turn it into this. Not that fun of a map, but it’s okay for a bitmatch I guess? Only found out now that you can actually escape the middle somewhat.
Relay Race – Retrieve
This map was fun, I think it played well as a two-team map but could see it doing well as a single-team map too (maybe with some more boxes added in). Without teamwork it’s pretty much impossible to win (also, knowing how to drop the flag helps a bit).
Rhino Slam! – Capture the Flag
This map can be quite frustrating, repairing the middle forcefield seems to be the best defensive measure. I think it could use another exit hallway to help with cluttered gameplay, maybe a longer way around.
Scarab – Capture the Flag
I feel like this map would be a good one to add more time to and increase the score on. Fun gameplay but could probably use a couple tweaks.
Screwball – Soccer
This is another one of my favorite maps! Pretty teams and interesting design. Fun gameplay, it seems simple to get the soccer ball in the goal, but oftentimes it ends up circling around and coming right back out. I think it could benefit from an increased score/time limit.
Search and Rescue – Zone Control
Definitely an interesting design, wonder what a levelgen could do with this by randomizing the maze/QR code. Could maybe benefit from another zone to capture. I like the random flag spawns, interesting team names, too.
Seedless Fruit – Hold the Flag
This map needs more barriers/defensive items to make defense of any kind possible. Too often as soon as you capture the flag it is stolen right back out. Interesting art but I think it could be improved upon with a little work. I think the line item walls would be improved if your own team could pass through your colors.
Short Circuit – Retrieve
This one is so pretty and fun! It’s an interesting challenge to have to get your flag from the enemy’s base and then bring it all the way back to yours. So many different tactics work, whether it be cloaking on offense or defending the base. Another favorite of mine. A little bit of tweaking would be good for lining the line items up better.
skip this one – Bitmatch
This map was probably made in one minute. Good break map.
Skylark Diner & Lounge – Rabbit
I think setting some time delay on the levelgen would definitely help with the spam. It’s a bit confusing with the two flags and teleporting. Could use some edits to be clearer.
Snake Country – Capture the Flag
I think this map was made to ensure we feel the frustration color blind people do. And just frustration in general.
Snapper Rocks – Nexus
This map still confuses me, but it has nice art. Best teamwork will usually win the game. Lots of lag does take away some of the fun though.
Stupid Fast – Nexus
First to the end wins, getting there is quite a challenge though. It’s fine for a race map, I think it could be improved some Don’t be that person who kills everyone at the start. I’m looking at you >:(
Submarine – Bitmatch
Well, I don’t really like the yellow submarine, but I guess submarines are cool in general? This map could definitely go back to the drawing board for some refinement.
Substation 15 – Bitmatch
I think it’s fine for a basic bitmatch, not much else to it. Design is kind of confusing.
Sunlit Fuji-San – Zone Control
This map design is interesting, I think it could benefit from fewer goals maybe. Don’t think I saw anyone complete the full capture yet.
Super Rock Smash Ducks – Bitmatch
Honestly, I still don’t know what this level even is. Super cool levelgen, would definitely be fun to make other maps similarly styled.
Teamwork Works – Capture the Flag
This map is interesting with how it requires your team to support you. Interesting concept and visually appealing layout. I think the score could be a bit lower.
The Crossing – Soccer
I think this map could definitely be improved with set soccer ball spawns and some other edits.
The Dung Beetle – Retrieve
This map needs better defensive measures, a raised score, and I think adding another flag would be helpful as well.
The Orb Zone!!!!!!! – Nexus
Fun, small, nexus level. Especially when it comes after diaper module and everyone is still armor/repair/bouncer.
Think Creatively – Nexus
I don’t feel like this map has much creativity to it. The team that kills themselves the fastest is most likely to win. I think it could use a little refinement.
Tight Squeeze – Capture the Flag
It is a tight squeeze. The squeeze is tight. Squeezing me tightly. I feel like the squeeze could be less tight which would enable the fun to expand a bit.
Trepanation – Capture the Flag
This map could definitely have a higher score, maybe another pathway, and some better defensive barriers/objects.
Tribes – Zone Control
I feel like this map could benefit from a little extra something. Or a little less something. Who knows though?
Tribes: Soccer – Soccer
The energy items definitely add an interesting element to the map. Good defensive elements with the turrets/forcefields. I feel like changing it from two soccer balls to one would be better. I think it could be fixed up a bit.
Triforce Retrieve – Retrieve
I think this map would be better with two teams. I feel like the design could be cleaned up a bit and I think the “forces” could be balanced a lot better. Maybe reduce the flags to two as well.
Unnamed Level – Hold the Flag
Very cute first level.
Warszawa – Nexus
Interesting design, good simple nexus map. Could make for an interesting levelgen where the walls change around.
Welcome to Friendship City – Zone Control
An interesting concept for a new “game mode.” I was surprised you couldn’t kill each other, but where would the friendship be in that?
will the real bob please standup – Bitmatch
Fine for a simple, quick, bitmatch.
Worker’s Strike – Bitmatch
Wish this level would have worked, very interesting design. Will look forward to playing it after it’s (hopefully) fixed.
pengu? pengu!
<<

furbuggy

Post Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:19 pm

I’m sorry guys I’m not nearly as informed a voter this time around. I played about half of them and flipped coins on the others.

I had a blast playing through them though. I even made a map, though not before the deadline— where should I post it?
BAM! I'm back.
<<

Lambencee

Post Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:33 pm

I was too lazy to give explanations in the other rounds given the amount of levels, props to everyone that did. Would also like to preface this by saying I am not as informed as I would like to be on level design. This may mean some of my opinions could be off since they're mainly based on a limited number of games played on each map, as opposed to an understanding of what designs work and why.

Bittle Royale - I like the sarcasm in the description, but according to the various sources I contacted no one thought to do this before in Bitfighter. So it's pretty creative in my book. That being said the amount open space made random fire from off screen very annoying to deal with, even though I understand that fits the standard FPS battle royale mode. So I think the concept is very cool and want to see other adaptations more tailored to Bitfighther.

Linear Scaffold - Very pretty level that also functions well. The weird angled turns on each side help stop runaway goals, but also subtract from level flow. These angles make it very hard to score and there are often long stalemates in the middle of the map as the ball bounces back into the middle.

Loading - This level seemed like a meme at first play through. But with the shortcut through the center and the forcefield placement this level really shines. It feels fast paced, you're on a sick run about to cap the last corner and then the forcefield gets repaired and ruins your whole plan. If both teams are playing this map correctly it's an amazing map.

One Life Only - This is personally my favorite concept in the whole contest. But it really felt linear and boring to play. Run to get points and then the team that has more points after the initial rush tries to camp. Excited to see what other map ideas this brings about, as the concept I feel is very solid.

Quick Core - This map was pretty fun for some reason at the start. Sadly the more I played it, the more apparent the design flaws were. It started to become a real drag of a level when one team seemed to get ganged up on until there was only 2 teams left and usually by then one of the team's cores was so low that they had no real chance of winning.

Screwball - I'm bias towards this map because every time I played it I had fun. It's so simple but just the angle to the goal changes the map from a linear tug of war to a strategic and precise experience. As a simple minded Bitfighter pilot, I'll take the map I had the most fun on.

Short Circuit - Cool design that looks great. However it felt pretty linear to play and the zip back (with the forcefield placement) felt more gimmicky than strategic. It's not a bad level though, it just felt like a pretty standard map even with the progression.

I would also like to have a moment of silence for the diaper twins, Man Wearing Diaper and Diaper Module. Although they have failed to make it into the final round, they have not failed in our hearts. These are the maps that sacrificed their place in the contest to really bring us beautiful dystopian storytelling on the level of Orwell. These levels really spoke to me and have changed my views on a number of social and political issues.

Thank you Footie and Little_Apple for constantly badgering me over and over again to make a level and vote. This ended up being a fun competition. Thanks to bobdaduck for hosting the competition and for everyone that voted, especially those that gave their written opinion on every serious level.

In conclusion, all these maps have very good bright spots and deserved to make it to the final round. Screwball and Loading felt more complete though and were the maps that were the most fun for me personally.
<<

Quartz

Post Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:18 pm

Lambencee wrote:Linear Scaffold - Very pretty level that also functions well. The weird angled turns on each side help stop runaway goals, but also subtract from level flow. These angles make it very hard to score and there are often long stalemates in the middle of the map as the ball bounces back into the middle.

Which is exactly why it’s a great map.

Awesome reviews! Thanks for providing your input, cool stuff.

Return to Contests