FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Jul-Aug 2020 Contest Voting: Round 1

<<

sky_lark

Post Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:53 pm

Jul-Aug 2020 Contest Voting: Round 1

I hope everyone has enjoyed the 'Sequels' level design contest thus far! I know I've had a blast both in creating levels and playing them with all you awesome people. Now it's time to vote!

Voting for this contest is a little different, but it's still super fast and easy. Here's how it works:

• Click this link to vote
  • Pick five (5) levels based on the criteria below. This contest uses ranked voting, so make your selections then rank them
  • Come back Monday to vote in round two!
Voting Criteria

Levels should be evaluated based on these criteria:

• Level Design and Playability
  • Aesthetics/Visual Appeal
  • FUN!
Please try to vote based on the criteria above and don't simply pick your favorite levels. Of course, if the levels you pick are also your favorites, that's fine too!

Voting Timeline

Round 1 voting will remain open until Sunday, August 23rd at 11:59pm Pacific. Roughly twelve (12) levels will advance to round 2. (If multiple levels are tied for 12th, I'll probably include all of the tied levels.) Round 2 will begin on Monday.

UPDATE: Voting extended 72 hours. Timeline updated.

Other Important Details

• Many levels were revised within the past week. Please ensure you have seen the latest version of each level prior to voting. All levels are final as of Sunday, Aug 16th.
  • My level(s) are eligible for voting, but can't win a cash prize. If I were to win the contest, the cash prizes would be awarded to the next highest-placing finishers.
  • I will PM each voter a copy of their picks on Discord or forums PM after submission. You don't need to respond, unless you haven't actually voted yet and someone is trying to steal your identity, in which case please do respond!
  • If you are a very new player or haven't been active in a while, please send me a message either here or on Discord after voting to confirm your vote.
Last edited by sky_lark on Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Follow Bitfighter! FacebookTwitterDiscord
<<

sky_lark

Post Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:04 pm

Re: Jul-Aug 2020 Contest Voting: Round 1

tl;dr: Vote here, please make sure you've seen the final version of each level before voting, try to vote based on the criteria (design, playability, aesthetics, fun), message me after voting if you're very new or been inactive for a while
<<

Little_Apple

Post Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:22 pm

Vote vote vote!
Hee-ho!
<<

sky_lark

Post Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:39 pm

Click here to view screenshots for each level for easy reference! Screenshots have been updated to reflect the final versions of each level.
<<

sky_lark

Post Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:29 pm

Sooo we only have eight voters, so I'm going to extend Round 1 voting through the weekend. This is the one stage where we need plenty of voters as there are a ton of levels. It only takes 1-2 minutes to vote, please vote!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... sp=sf_link

I know for a fact that 12 different people played in the various contest parties, and multiple level creators haven't submitted votes, so I know we can get at least a few more peeps. It's ok if you haven't properly played all the levels, even just voting which you think seem solid is better than nothing!

Thank you.
<<

sky_lark

Post Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:16 pm

This is the final day to vote for Round 1 of the 'Sequels' level design contest! Closes at ~11:59pm Pacific. Level designers worked hard on their levels, so the least we as a community can do is vote. :) Only takes 1-2 minutes here:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... sp=sf_link

Return to Contests