FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Burst shooting turret?

Forum rules
This forum is for technical discussion only. If you are interested in gameplay or client-side issues, please post in Bitfighter Features.
<<

DrSpacebar

Post Sun May 08, 2011 6:27 am

Burst shooting turret?

Can anyone tell me how the burst-shooting turret in Super Turret was made? If you're unfamiliar with the map it's on sam686's server.
You know those YouTube videos that make you instantly hit Pause, close your browser, and vow never to go on to YouTube again?
<<

sam686

Post Sun May 08, 2011 9:32 am

Re: Burst shooting turret?

Game editor don't support turret weapons, it can only be added using text editor like notepad. In a level file, put a "W=Burst" or "W=Bouncer" or "W=Triple" at the end of Turret line, so it looks like this.
  Code:
Turret 0 5.24 4.74  0 W=Burst
This will not work if you have outdated version of Bitfighter, need version 015a for this to work.
<<

DrSpacebar

Post Sun May 08, 2011 11:34 am

I tried your code, but it wouldn't work. I have Bitfighter 15a, what do you think is wrong?
You know those YouTube videos that make you instantly hit Pause, close your browser, and vow never to go on to YouTube again?
<<

sam686

Post Sun May 08, 2011 11:42 am

DrSpacebar wrote:I tried your code, but it wouldn't work. I have Bitfighter 15a, what do you think is wrong?
Probably because of editor won't support "W=Burst" option, editor removes "W=" option when saving over the level.. After making changes to editing text in level file, test it by hosting that level, not testing from editor.
<<

ZoombeR

Post Mon May 09, 2011 10:13 pm

sam, i must say, i really appreciate this new feature you've created.

Return to Technical Discussion