FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Deadly Wall

Forum rules
Post confirmed bugs and approved feature requests here. Unapproved feature requests will be deleted.

Please limit posts to One Feature per Thread unless features are closely related.
<<

Skybax

Post Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:12 pm

Deadly Wall

Instead of having to stick a billion asteroids in a little box to make a wall that kills you if you touch it, why not just have the ability to modify a regular wall (maybe make it look red or something) that kills you upon contact? Like space lava or something.

I got the idea from playing a game on my phone called Nightgate (free app of the week in the Apple Store) that reminded me a lot of Bitfighter if Bitfighter was a puzzle game instead of a retro shooter. Could even be able to make a new game-mode out of it, like a Race or something, with deadly obstacles.
raptor wrote:Sorry Skybax, I hijacked your signature so I could post lots of info.
Whittling While wrote:Does this mean I finally get quoted in someone's signature?
watusimoto wrote:Who are the devs around here?!?
<<

Quartz

Post Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:53 pm

Re: Deadly Wall

That could be interesting, yes. Maybe a zone you can actually enter and it damages you ... over time, or instant kill, whatever the map maker sets it to. Of course, a solid wall sounds cool too
Exploits of Quartz and bobdaduck - Pleiades Maps
19-year-old Quartz mad about lawn removal
raptor wrote:sometimes I think getting Quartz to use plugins is like getting my mom to use a computer
<<

Skybax

Post Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:36 pm

A killzone could be jimmyrigged probably, but a wall would be preferable because then you couldn't shoot through it either. Unless you can also do that with zones lol
raptor wrote:Sorry Skybax, I hijacked your signature so I could post lots of info.
Whittling While wrote:Does this mean I finally get quoted in someone's signature?
<<

Quartz

Post Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:10 am

Skybax wrote:A killzone could be jimmyrigged probably, but a wall would be preferable because then you couldn't shoot through it either. Unless you can also do that with zones lol

Figured that might be why you were specifying a wall. Makes sense to me :)
raptor wrote:sometimes I think getting Quartz to use plugins is like getting my mom to use a computer
<<

Fordcars

Post Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:36 pm

I love the idea, but I think I would rather see a zone that can damage you over time, or instantly kill you, as Quartz suggested. Like this, you could use the zone for different things, like to limit the player's movements to certain areas or whatever. You could place the zone over a wall to create your fancy wall too, Skybax :) I think it would simplify the interface instead of having a killing wall AND a killing zone in the future :zapdance:
skybax: Why is this health pack following me?
bobdaduck: uh, it likes you.
<<

bobdaduck

Global Moderator

Post Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:02 pm

I could levelgen this.
Little_Apple wrote:DnD: the REAL bitfighter levelgen documentation

Santiago ZAP wrote:bob doesn't make new maps, he makes new gamemodes
<<

amgine

Post Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:19 pm

I think this would be interesting might make bursts op though lmoa.

What about a wall that knocks people back with force like a pinball bumper (does no damage though)
Bitfighter Forever.
<<

Quartz

Post Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:03 pm

amgine wrote:I think this would be interesting might make bursts op though lmoa.

>implying burst isn't already OP
<<

CleverBot

Post Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:31 pm

I was thinking of a wall or an object that pulls the player towards it with the physics of gravity. Just to be an annoying obstacle.
<<

Skybax

Post Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:57 pm

I think gravity would be a difficult thing to implement. But what you're saying sounds like a Sun :zapdance:
<<

CleverBot

Post Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:55 pm

Skybax wrote:I think gravity would be a difficult thing to implement. But what you're saying sounds like a Sun :zapdance:

Except the sun would damage or destroy the ship. A wall doesn't...at least in bitfighter it doesn't...

A kill-box/wall seems too overpowered either in positive or negative ways, imo.
<<

Skybax

Post Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:54 pm

So you're introducing an idea that's completely different from what this one is lol
Why didn't you just make your own topic? xD
<<

CleverBot

Post Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:53 pm

Skybax wrote:So you're introducing an idea that's completely different from what this one is lol
Why didn't you just make your own topic? xD

I thought it was relatable since both ideas are both essentially a wall, but if you don't think it is, that's fine. We don't have to discuss about it in your thread. I was simply expanding your idea into a similar idea since the primary goal is to make a troublesome obstacle. You could combine both ideas since they are somewhat similar. Perspectives matter a great deal in any sort of designing and I was just trying to balance out your idea. Sorry if you feel like I branched off too far.
<<

amgine

Post Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:12 pm

BUMP er walls.......
Bitfighter Forever.

Return to Bitfighter Features